A fresh, colorful dinner with sweet and spicy pineapple salsa, creamy coconut rice, and luscious scallops – you’ll be instantly transported to the tropics!
- 3/4 cup Jasmine Rice (1 cup for Instant Pot)
- 1 can (14 ounces) Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- 1 batch pineapple salsa
- 1 pound (approximately 16) Sea Scallops, rinsed and pat dry*
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- Cilantro for garnish or to mix in rice
- Prep the pineapple rice before beginning to cook the other parts of this meal to make it easy on yourself. 🙂
- Coconut Rice on Stovetop: Combine jasmine rice, coconut milk, and a pinch of salt in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil; stir once. Cover with a lid (or foil); reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand (covered) for 5-10 minutes, fluff with a fork, and plate.
- Coconut Rice in the Instant Pot: Use 1 cup of jasmine rice; add it to the instant pot with the can of coconut milk and a pinch of salt. Cover and make sure the vent is set to sealed. Cook on high pressure for 4 minutes; release the steam carefully and fluff with a fork.
- Seared Scallops: While the rice is resting (or right before it’s finished cooking), begin prepping the scallops. Pat the scallops dry. Salt and pepper the flat sides of the scallops. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the butter; when it is bubbly, and the scallops (giving them room between each other), flat side down. Cook for 1-1 1/2 minutes until a golden brown “crust” forms and they easily come off of the pan. Flip and cook for another 1 – 1 1/2 minutes until golden brown. The center will be translucent; be careful to not overcook!
- Plate the coconut rice, pineapple salsa, and the scallops together. Garnish with additional cilantro and serve.
You can absolutely make as many or as few scallops as you need! 1 pound (16 scallops) is suggested for the serving size of 4.
- Category: Dinner
Keywords: summer, seafood, easy, pescatarian