Mulled Wine is SO easy to make and ready in 20 minutes; warm mugs of this spice-filled drink are the perfect way to jazz up a holiday party!
- 1 bottle bold red wine
- 1 large orange, zested and sliced (plus more for garnish)
- 6-8 whole cloves
- 3-4 cinnamon sticks
- 3 star anise
- 2 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 cup apple cider (optional)
- In a large saucepan, add all ingredients and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Simmer for 15 minutes – make sure the wine doesn’t come to a complete boil for long as the alcohol will boil down.
- Remove from heat and strain. Serve in mugs and garnish with additional orange slices or cinnamon sticks as desired.
Keep remaining wine warm on the stove; it will only become more intensely flavored as the spices “mull” together.
If you have remaining wine, store in an airtight container and reheat on the stove.
Keywords: spice, holiday, christmas, thanksgiving, easy, simple, quick, party