Easy to make, the tomatoes are slowly roasted to bring out their sweet flavor. Excellent spread on crostini, served with cheese, or on a breakfast board!
- 1 1/2 pounds plum tomatoes
- 3/4 cup + 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 Tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/8–1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F. Line a lipped, medium-sized baking sheet with foil. Cut the ends off of tomatoes and quarter them. Toss with remaining ingredients and spread evenly on baking sheet.
- Bake for approximately 2 hours, give or take 15 minutes, and stirring 1-2 times during cooking process. As mentioned, sugars may over caramelize in the corners – this is ok, and you may stir some of it in. Remove from heat and let cool slightly. The jam will thicken as it cools.
Add more or less cinnamon as desired; more for a sweeter, warmer taste, less for a more savory taste (I’d recommend using at least 1/4 teaspoon!)
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: easy, roasted, summer, vegetarian, vegan