An incredibly easy, flavorful salad that’s a breeze to make – perfect to brighten up winter days!
- 2 5-to-6 oz.salmon filets
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons minced shallot (1 small bulb)
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped or minced
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 3-4 thin lemon slices
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons olive oil, additional for salmon
- 1 grapefruit, segmented
- 2 blood oranges, segmented
- 1 large avocado, sliced
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped pistachios
- Salmon in the Instant Pot: Pour 3/4 cup water in the bottom of the instant pot. Either oil the steam rack lightly or place a piece of parchment paper on top. Drizzle salmon filets with olive oil (~1/2 TBSP each), salt, pepper, and lemon slices. Place on the steam rack into the Instant Pot. Steam for 2-3 minutes depending on the thickness of filets, on high pressure. Quick release the steam.
- Salmon Packet: Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut a large piece of foil (to wrap around the salmon filets) and a piece of parchment paper just bigger than the filets. Layer the parchment on top of the foil, and the salmon on top of the parchment. Drizzle filets with olive oil, salt, pepper, and lemon slices. Fold the long edge of the foil up and the sides in to create a packet. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Dressing: Meanwhile, whisk together the dressing: shallots, garlic, honey, lemon juice, salt, and pepper to taste. Drizzle in the olive oil while gently whisking.
- Salad: Toss salad together, dividing between two, with grapefruit, oranges, avocado, and pistachios.
With skin-on salmon, you may way to flake the salmon and toss it in your salad.
Keywords: easy, quick, instant pot, seafood, healthy