Simple Spring Pasta – fettuccine tossed in a light garlic sauce with fresh asparagus and juicy tomatoes.
- 8oz. fettuccine noodles
- 3 Tablespoons butter (or olive oil)
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup broth or dry white wine
- 1/4 cup reserved pasta water
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil; begin cooking fettuccine noodles according to package.
- Melt butter over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Add onion and cook for 2 minutes. Add garlic, red pepper flakes, and salt. Cook for an additional 2 minutes. Deglaze pan with broth/wine.
- Add asparagus to skillet. Cook for 2 minutes and then add the tomatoes to the skillet. Toss and let cook for an additional 4 minutes or until asparagus is tender but still has a slight crunch. Add pasta water and transfer pasta to skillet. Toss pasta and vegetables. Serve immediately (excellent with shaved parmesan cheese and basil – or on its own!).