The perfect balance of soft, slightly chewy cookies with the crunch of an M&M shell with melty chocolate inside. A quick, one bowl, small batch cookie recipe!
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4–1 cup M&M candies
- Optional: 1/4-1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Microwave butter for approximately 30 seconds until slightly melted. Using an electric hand mixer, beat together melted butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until combined. Add egg and vanilla extract, beating again until combined. Add salt, baking soda, and flour. Mix together until just combined. Stir in M&M candies.
- Place a 1 1/2 to 2 Tablespoon dollop of dough on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 11-12 minutes, until edges just become golden brown. Let cool on pan for 2-3 minutes until set enough to transfer to a cooling rack.
I’ve used a regular whisk to mix up the cookies before, and it does require a little more muscle but totally works! Use a strong spatula to stir in the dry ingredients.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: easy, quick, back to school, kid friendly, small batch