A spicy mix of cauliflower and sweet potato topped with a perfectly fried egg, making an easy, delicious, and healthy breakfast!
Your weekend plans can now officially be set.
Sleep in until your body wakes you up with a growling stomach and then devour this delicious Southwest Cauliflower Sweet Potato Hash with a tall mimosa, maybe some coffee, and then relax the rest of the day in your pajamas because let’s be honest, you deserve it.
But mostly you deserve an easy, flavorful breakfast that’s healthy and will keep you full whether you’re relaxing or knocking off chores on your to-do list this weekend.
One of the biggest struggles while doing the Whole 30 was weekday breakfasts.
Maybe you struggle with that too, regardless if you’re on the Whole 30 or not?
Weekday breakfasts can be such a drag. If you’re anything like me you’re rolling out of bed and literally getting ready as fast as humanly possible. Which
doesn’t always never includes making an actual breakfast.
I’m more of a breakfast-on-the-go kind of lady during the week.
But there’s hope for the Whole 30 breakfast, or for weekday breakfasts in general (and obviously rockstar breakfast on the weekend).
Make Southwest Cauliflower Sweet Potato Hash over the weekend and it reheats beautifully throughout the week. Yes, I’ve even fried up a few eggs (a little undercooked) and tossed them in with the leftover hash; reheating was a breeze and the eggs were totally fine.
For the egg record, if you don’t believe me, I’m super weird about eggs and they were totally cool.
Here are the goods!
This Southwest Cauliflower Sweet Potato has so much goodness…
…cumin, cayenne, chili powder, and cinnamon to spice it up
…eggs cooked your favorite way
Can’t beat that. It’s gluten free, dairy free, Whole 30 approved…. everything you’d ever need and want, right?! And if you don’t really care about any of that, then be assured it’s healthy, which means you can enjoy your lazy weekend guilt-free.Print
Southwest Cauliflower Sweet Potato Hash – a spicy mix of cauliflower and sweet potato topped with a perfectly fried egg, making an easy, delicious, and healthy breakfast!
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, diced
- 2–3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon jalapeno, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 2 cups sweet potato, diced 1/4 to 1/2 inch (~1 medium potato)
- 2 cups cauliflower, bite-sized peices
- 4 eggs, cooked as desired.
- Cilantro and scallions for garnish
- In a large skillet, heat coconut oil over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, and jalapeno and cook for 1 minute. Add in cumin, cayenne, chili powder, cinnamon, and salt. Stir and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Add sweet potato and cauliflower, stir to coat. Cook without moving for 5 minutes, so a nice crisp forms. Then, stir, cover skillet and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Stir again and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes until veggies are tender.
- Cook eggs as desired (fried or sunny-side up recommended). Top hash with eggs and serve. Add additional cilantro and scallions as desired.