Southwest Salad with Honey-Lime Dressing is full of flavor, quick, and incredibly easy to throw together for a last minute weeknight dinner or fulfilling lunch!
^^^This salad is where it’s at. I’m talking simple, healthy, and full of fresh flavors.
If you’ve been following along, you know that July was a crazy month, and that craziness continued straight on into August. All that craziness required an easy but super filling and yummy salad, which is why I present to you this Southwest Salad with Honey-Lime Dressing.
I made this in the midst of all the craziness (and yes, am just now getting around to sharing it with y’all) because it really is so easy — toss together all the ingredients, mix the dressing, and voila, one tasty lunch or dinner!
The dressing. Ah, the dressing – a little lime, garlic, shallot, honey, and olive oil…
It’s sweet, it’s tangy, it’s refreshing.
Now you really can’t argue with all of that flavor tossed about a bowl of:
- Crispy romaine lettuce
- Black beans
- Red bell pepper
I loooove the cilantro added to the salad – it brings the freshness to a whole new level! It’s like I’m being transported straight to the other side of the country, leavin’ these southern “roots” behind for a little southwest lovin’.
If you try out this salad (which I’d highly recommend you do!) let me know what you think by taking a photo and tagging #forkinthekitchen on Instagram or Facebook, or by leaving a comment below!
Southwest Salad with Honey-Lime Dressing
- 1/4 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/4 cup lime juice freshly squeezed, approximately 2 limes
- 2-3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 TBSP shallot finely chopped
- 2 TBSP honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups romaine lettuce chopped
- 1 15-oz. can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 cup frozen corn rinsed in lukewarm water for 30 seconds to 1 minute, drained
- 1 avocado diced
- 1 1/2 TBSP jalapeño finely diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 TBSP fresh cilantro roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbles
- Whisk together lime zest, lime juice, garlic cloves, shallot, and honey in a medium bowl. Slowly pour in olive oil while whisking until all ingredients are emulsified. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine lettuce, black beans, red bell pepper, corn, avocado, jalapeño, tomatoes, cilantro, and feta in a large bowl. Toss with dressing and serve immediately.
- Do not defrost the frozen corn, simply drain under lukewarm water for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- If not serving the salad immediately, reserve the avocado, feta, and dressing until ready to serve.
By the Way…
This recipe is part of our collection of green salad recipes. Check it out!