Southwest Salad with Honey-Lime Dressing is full of flavor, quick, and incredibly easy to throw together for a last minute weeknight dinner or fulfilling lunch!
^^^This salad is where it’s at. I’m talking simple, healthy, and full of fresh flavors.
If you’ve been following along, you know that July was a crazy month, and that craziness continued straight on into August. All that craziness required an easy but super filling and yummy salad, which is why I present to you this Southwest Salad with Honey-Lime Dressing.
I made this in the midst of all the craziness (and yes, am just now getting around to sharing it with y’all) because it really is so easy — toss together all the ingredients, mix the dressing, and voila, one tasty lunch or dinner!
The dressing. Ah, the dressing – a little lime, garlic, shallot, honey, and olive oil…
It’s sweet, it’s tangy, it’s refreshing.
Now you really can’t argue with all of that flavor tossed about a bowl of:
- Crispy romaine lettuce
- Black beans
- Red bell pepper
I loooove the cilantro added to the salad – it brings the freshness to a whole new level! It’s like I’m being transported straight to the other side of the country, leavin’ these southern “roots” behind for a little southwest lovin’.
- 1/4 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice (approximately two limes)
- 2–3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups romaine leaves, chopped
- 1 15oz. can black beans
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup frozen corn, rinsed in lukewarm water for 30 seconds to 1 minute
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons jalapeño, finely diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 Tablespoons cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup feta
- Whisk together lime zest, lime juice, garlic cloves, shallot, and honey in a medium bowl.
- Slowly pour in olive oil while whisking until all ingredients are emulsified. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine lettuce, black beans, red bell pepper, corn, avocado, jalapeño, tomatoes, cilantro, and feta in a large bowl.
- Toss with dressing and serve immediately.
Do not defrost the frozen corn, simply drain under lukewarm water for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
If not serving salad immediately, reserve the avocado, feta, and dressing until ready to serve.
- Category: Salad