Your favorite classic chewy, soft snickerdoodle cookie with a twist of spice; coated in warm cinnamon, nutmeg, and cardamom, you won’t be able to get enough!
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- Using an electric mixer, cream together butter, vegetable oil, 1 1/4 cups sugar, and powdered sugar. Add eggs and vanilla extract and beat together.
- Sift together flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt. Mix into wet ingredients until combined. Chill for 15-30 minutes (for a chewier, “fluffier” cookie). Preheat oven to 350°F while cookie dough chills.
- Stir together remaining 1/4 cup white sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cardamom. Create dough balls using a medium #40 cookie scoop; roll in spice mixture and spread cookies 2 inches apart on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 9-11 minutes until edges are set – be careful to not overcook to ensure a soft center. Transfer to a wire cooling rack almost immediately.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: christmas, holiday, soft, chewy