Quick and easy green beans with a spicy flare – loaded with garlic, ginger, chili paste, and soy sauce, their Asian twist is addicting!
- 2 TBSP soy sauce
- 1 TBSP rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp honey (sugar or maple syrup for vegan)
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 1 1/2 TBSP vegetable oil (or cooking oil of choice)
- 16 oz. fresh green beans
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp freshly grated ginger (or ginger paste)
- 2 1/2 tsp garlic chili paste
- 1 tsp dried red pepper chili flakes
- Whisk together soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, honey, and corn starch until combined. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat with the oil. Add green beans and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic, ginger, chili paste, and red pepper flakes, stirring to coat. Continue to cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Pour in the sauce mixture and stir to coat, continuing to cook for an additional 3-4 minutes until sauce is thicker and green beans are tender. Serve with sesame seeds and/or rice as desired.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Asian
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
- Calories: 115
- Sugar: 3.5g
- Sodium: 503mg
- Fat: 6.5g
- Carbohydrates: 12.8g
- Fiber: 4.1g
- Protein: 3g
Keywords: easy, quick, gluten free, dairy free, healthy