An incredibly easy snack that’s a just-right balance of spicy, buttery, and salty! Perfect with a glass of Merlot on a chilly fall night!
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- 6 Tablespoons butter
- 3 Tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt, to taste
- In a large dutch oven or stock pot, heat oil over medium heat with 3 kernels added. When kernels pop, remove them and take the pot off of heat. Add remaining kernels to the pot, return to heat, and cover with the lid slightly ajar.
- As kernels begin to pop, “shake” the pot back-and-forth as needed to ensure all kernels are heated in oil. Pop for 1-2 minutes until popping slows. Remove from heat and take off lid.
- Melt butter in the microwave for 30 – 45 seconds, checking every 20 seconds to prevent butter from exploding. Transfer popped kernels into a new bowl (like a large serving bowl) and pour butter over while stirring to coat evenly.
- In a small bowl, mix together grated parmesan, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes. Sprinkle evenly over buttered popcorn and toss to coat. Add salt to taste. Enjoy with a glass of Merlot!
Be sure you use grated parmesan as it will coat the popcorn and easily melt in!
Easily double the recipe to spread the popcorn love!
- Category: Snack
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: easy, fall, halloween, appetizer, vegetarian