A giant sugar cookie layered with seedless raspberry preserves and topped with raspberry buttercream frosting – a festive and fun treat for Valentine’s Day!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry preserves
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature (2 sticks)
- 1/2 TBSP vanilla extract
- 1 TBSP seedless raspberry preserves
- 1 TBSP whole milk
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Optional: red food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together butter, vegetable oil, sugars, and egg. Meanwhile, sift together flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt. Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, along with the vanilla, and mix until fully combined. Chill dough for 10-15 minutes.
- Lightly grease a heart-shaped pan with either vegetable oil or cooking spray. Gently press the cookie dough evenly across the pan, creating an “edge” or “crust” around the edges. Bake for 16-18 minutes until edges are slightly golden brown. Let cool in pan for 10-15 minutes. Turn pan upside down and gently remove the cookie; set on a wire rack to cool completely. It is optional to remove the cookie, but recommended for serving purposes.
- Frosting: cream room temperature butter in the bowl of a stand mixer. Add vanilla extract, raspberry preserves, milk, and 1/2 cup powdered sugar. Stir slowly at first to combine. Continue adding remaining powdered sugar cup by cup, mixing in between additions until combined.
- Assembly: once the cookie is completely cooled, spread raspberry preserves evenly across the sugar cookie, leaving the “crust” as you would a pizza. Pipe or spread the buttercream frosting on top of the cookie cake. Cut and serve. Store at room temperature for 1 day, or in the fridge for up to 2 days. Best if eaten within 24 hours of assembly.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: valentine's day, baking, kid friendly, party