Summer Zucchini Noodles – a refreshing and healthy recipe that’s perfect as a side or meal!
- 2 zucchini
- 1 yellow squash
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup snap peas
- 1/2 lemon, juiced (approx. 2 teaspoons)
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup basil
- Spiralize the zucchini and yellow squash on the “spaghetti setting”. Set aside.
- To toast pine nuts, add to a small skillet over low-medium heat and toasted for 2-3 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add thinly sliced onion, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Cook down for 3-4 minutes until onions are translucent. Add snap peas and cook for 5 minutes. Add zucchini noodles to skillet and cook for 1-2 minutes until heated. Toss in lemon juice, basil, and toasted pine nuts. Serve immediately.
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegetarian, vegan, easy, healthy