Baked Sun-Dried Tomato and Pesto Dip is THE appetizer for any occasion! A decadent base of cream cheese and sour cream, paired perfectly with fresh pesto and the subtle sweetness of sun-dried tomatoes. Serve this dip with a warm baguette for a crowd-pleasing appetizer!
I seriously considered calling this “orgasmic dip”, but I thought that might raise some flags. And “the most addicting delicious dip you’ll ever have in your whole life and should probably just be a single serving” seemed to be a little too long for a title.
The bottom line is that this dip is Aaaa-MAZING! If you hadn’t figured out that already. It has all of the best things in the world: fresh pesto, sun-dried tomatoes, and cream cheese. Need I say more?
Yes, I must say more, because I can’t stop gushing about this dip.
This dip will bring out your former 4-year-old self; the part of you that refuses to share and throws a floor-thrashing tantrum if anyone comes close to your most favorite toy…err..dip.
Now, I’m not saying I wouldn’t ever exaggerate, but I am definitely not exaggerating about this.
It’s proven time and time again to be a favorite of anyone who has a bite.
In fact, I could eat the entire dish in one sitting if I was really determined (although for my self-esteem and stomach, I generally try to stretch it into two sittings. Please don’t shame me.). I’d recommend doubling the recipe if allowing others to share in the goodness – and by “others” I mean more than 1 person. 😉
I know what you’re thinking.
What makes this dip so amazing?
- the decadence of cream cheese and sour cream mixed with…
- sun-dried tomatoes
- parmesan cheese
- and the soul-comforting goodness of Italian herbs.
Before you go all health crazed on me, yes, I said cream cheese and sour cream. I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again, life is about balance.
This dip is the balance. It’s for the soul.
And it will make your soul shout happy things from the mountain tops while dancing and twirling through meadows.
How did I almost forget to mention that the best way to eat this dip is on a warm slice of baguette?!
Baguettes: my other absolutely favorite thing to eat (ok, I may have a lot of favorite things).
But seriously, baguettes are definitely in my top five. Sun-Dried Tomato and Pesto Dip is undoubtedly taken to the next level when placed upon a warm, soft, chewy baguette. Oh. My. Yum.
When you do make this Sun-dried Tomato and Pesto Dip, please leave a comment or take a picture and tag Fork in the Kitchen on Instagram or Facebook to share the goodness! Also, find my pesto recipe here – fresh basil pesto makes all the difference!
The perfect appetizer for any occasion! A decadent base of cream cheese and sour cream, paired perfectly with fresh pesto and the subtle sweetness of sun-dried tomatoes. Serve this dip with a warm baguette for a crowd-pleasing appetizer!
- 8 ounces of cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup basil pesto
- 2/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes (in oil, see note), julienned
- 1 cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil leaves, chiffonade or finely chopped (optional garnish)
- Baguette, sliced (optional for dipping)
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F. In a bowl, combine half of the cream cheese (4 ounces) and pesto.
- Spread the cream cheese and pesto mixture on the bottom of small baking pan (approximately a 4×6 baker).
- In a second bowl*, combine the remaining cream cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, parmesan cheese, sour cream, garlic, and dried herbs. Mix well. Spread evenly over pesto mixture.
- Bake 22-26 minutes, or until hot and bubbly. Approximately 10 minutes before dip is done, place baguette in oven to warm (if using). Remove and slice baguette; let dip sit for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Sprinkle dip with the fresh basil, serve warm with heated baguette slices.
Sun-Dried Tomatoes – I highly recommend using the sun-dried tomatoes that are packed in oil; I’ve found they have a much better flavor and texture in the dip. Just be sure to blot them with a paper towel to soak up the oil before mixing with the other ingredients. And buy the already julienned ones to save yourself some time! 🙂
Double the Recipe: I’d recommend using a glass pie dish or an 8×8 baking pan.
Quick Tip: If you don’t want to dirty another bowl, you can mix the second layer in the same bowl as the pesto layer. Your dip may not look as “layered”, as some pesto may mix with the white layer, but it will taste just as delicious!
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 4 TBSP
- Calories: 302
- Sugar: .7g
- Sodium: 350mg
- Fat: 28.5g
- Carbohydrates: 4.5g
- Fiber: .3g
- Protein: 10.3g
Keywords: party food, easy, creamy, christmas, holiday, vegetarian
Inspired long, long ago by a Pampered Chef recipe.
This post was originally published in April 2015. The photos and video were updated in October 24, 2017.
This recipe is part of our Date Night Recipes to Love roundup. Check it out!