The perfect appetizer for any occasion! A decadent base of cream cheese and sour cream, paired perfectly with fresh pesto and the subtle sweetness of sun-dried tomatoes. Serve this dip with a warm baguette for a crowd-pleasing appetizer!
- 8 ounces of cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup basil pesto
- 2/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes (in oil, see note), julienned
- 1 cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil leaves, chiffonade or finely chopped (optional garnish)
- Baguette, sliced (optional for dipping)
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F. In a bowl, combine half of the cream cheese (4 ounces) and pesto.
- Spread the cream cheese and pesto mixture on the bottom of small baking pan (approximately a 4×6 baker).
- In a second bowl*, combine the remaining cream cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, parmesan cheese, sour cream, garlic, and dried herbs. Mix well. Spread evenly over pesto mixture.
- Bake 22-26 minutes, or until hot and bubbly. Approximately 10 minutes before dip is done, place baguette in oven to warm (if using). Remove and slice baguette; let dip sit for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Sprinkle dip with the fresh basil, serve warm with heated baguette slices.
Sun-Dried Tomatoes – I highly recommend using the sun-dried tomatoes that are packed in oil; I’ve found they have a much better flavor and texture in the dip. Just be sure to blot them with a paper towel to soak up the oil before mixing with the other ingredients. And buy the already julienned ones to save yourself some time! 🙂
Double the Recipe: I’d recommend using a glass pie dish or an 8×8 baking pan.
Quick Tip: If you don’t want to dirty another bowl, you can mix the second layer in the same bowl as the pesto layer. Your dip may not look as “layered”, as some pesto may mix with the white layer, but it will taste just as delicious!
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 4 TBSP
- Calories: 302
- Sugar: .7g
- Sodium: 350mg
- Fat: 28.5g
- Carbohydrates: 4.5g
- Fiber: .3g
- Protein: 10.3g
Keywords: party food, easy, creamy, christmas, holiday, vegetarian