Thank you Alpine Valley Bakery for sponsoring this post. Check out Alpine Valley Bakery’s high quality, organic, and delicious products for taste you can trust!
Hi, hi, hi! Getting back to the basics today… yummy, easy, healthy basics.
It’s the first full week back to teaching, which is quite the reality check itself. The reality check where Tuesday is actually Tuesday, and there’s no denying it with the sight of a 3-day or 4-day week ahead. Since getting back into the routine of teaching – and the work/life balancing act – healthy lunches are JUST the thing I look for!
Can you relate? It’s the age-old struggle, trying to figure out what to eat for lunch, isn’t it? The struggle between finding something easy that’s still healthy, delicious, and quick. Not to mention something that’s not the same old, same old…
Dreams come true here today! This life-changing Super Greens Sandwich is so many things…healthy…approachable…quick…flavorful…easy…full of texture…and ANYTHING but boring…
We’ve got SO MANY nutrient packed elements here:
- Alpine Valley Bakery Super Grains Bread
- 3 Ingredient Avocado Sauce
- Kale Micro Greens (or sprouts!)
And it’s all rounded out with some provolone slices – mild, creamy, buttery provolone.
Let’s talk about the combination of ingredients.
They’re changing lunches everywhere.
Even quick 10-minute teacher lunches, people! Avocado Sauce takes nearly NO time to prepare, and is such a luscious, healthy spread for your Super Greens Sandwich (no weird ingredients! no extra calories! healthy fats! whooo!).
Top the avocado sauce with fresh ground pepper, crisp cucumbers, and suuuuper good-for-you spinach. Oh, and Kale Micro Greens …fresh, a punch of flavor, tiny texture bombs on a sandwich. I LOVE THEM!
And what brings all these super nutritious ingredients together? An equally nutritious bread, that’s what! Alpine Valley Bakery Super Grains Bread knows what they’re doing when it comes to sandwiches… the delicious taste and soft texture with their clean, simple, organic ingredients make it perfect for Super Greens Sandwich!
Let’s just talk about this for a second: certified organic, Non-GMO Project Verified and Whole Grain Council-approved loaves with a taste and texture you’ll love…
The grains and light softness of the Super Grain slices bring the texture of your Super Greens Sandwich to a whole new level – quinoa, chia, and teff – add an even more nutritious element to your sammie! And if you know much about me, you know I don’t joke around with my bread… and this combination is a winning one.
Go ahead and treat your self to a super simple, nutritious lunch! This week’s lunches are on point as far as healthy, quick, easy are concerned!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
Super Greens Sandwich
- 4 slices Alpine Valley Bakery Super Grain Bread
- 3 Tablespoons Avocado Sauce
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups tightly packed baby spinach
- 18-22 thin cucumber slices
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- 1 cup kale microgreens, or sprouts
- Divide avocado sauce equally between each slice of bread, and spread. Sprinkle each slice with freshly ground black pepper.
- Divide the following equally, and top two of the slices with: spinach, cucumber slices, provolone cheese, and microgreens. Top each sandwich with the remaining slice of bread.
- You'll have leftover avocado sauce if using the entire recipe (you could easily halve it, too!). To store, top with plastic wrap (pressing tightly on the top to remove any air). Keep in fridge for 3-4 days.
Disclaimer: The nutritional information provided for this recipe is only an estimate. The accuracy of the facts listed is not and cannot be guaranteed.
This sandwich looks heavenly! That avocado sauce? Now that is totally up my alley. Perfect way to spicy up weekday lunches!
Avocado sauce is the best on sandwiches! ?