An easy, quick, summertime appetizer or side. It’s made with simple ingredients and ready in less than 15 minutes!
- 1 cup uncooked orzo
- 2 5-oz. cans of tuna, drained
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 TBSP high-quality olive oil
- 1/2 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1 shallot bulb, thinly sliced (~2T)
- 1/2 cup sliced greek pepperoncini
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional additions: feta crumbles, diced tomatoes
- Cook the orzo according to package directions, in well-salted water. Drain. Rinse with cold water if you want the pasta to be cold upon serving.
- Toss orzo with the remaining ingredients, taste testing for desired salt and pepper levels. Adjust any other ingredients as needed according to your tastes – it’s a very flexible recipe!
Store in an airtight container for 3-4 days. Keep chilled.
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: easy, quick, pescatarian, brunch, lunch