Quick and easy to make, these sweet potato rounds are an excellent bite-sized holiday appetizer, full of flavor from the tangy herb-filled goat cheese and a drizzle of honey!
- 2 small or 1 large sweet potato, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 ounces goat cheese, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon milk (any kind)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Honey, to drizzle
- Pre-heat oven to 425°F. Thinly slice sweet potatoes into thin slices (approximately 1/16 inch) – I HIGHLY recommend using a mandoline. Toss in olive oil with a pinch of salt and pepper. Layer evenly on a baking sheet. Bake for 7-8 minutes, flip, and bake for an additional 7-8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, using an electric hand mixer together goat cheese, thyme, rosemary, milk, and salt (to taste) until light and airy.
- Spread approximately 1/2 teaspoon (or as much as desired, really) goat cheese mixture on top of each sweet potato chip. Drizzle with honey and serve immediately.
Reserve any leftover goat cheese in an airtight container in the fridge.
Using milk in the goat cheese mixture makes it creamier and mix together more smoothly; you can leave it out if desired.
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: easy, thanksgiving, potluck, vegetarian, gluten free