Easy to make, tender-crumbed drop biscuits are full of flavor with comforting thyme and salty parmesan. Enjoy with a drizzle of honey or with your favorite soup.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/2 cup freshly shredded parmesan cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F. In a food processor, add flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Pulse several times to combine.
- Add cold, cubed butter to food processor. Pulse a few times until butter is incorporated into flour and forms as a pea-sized mixture. Add milk, thyme, and parmesan. Pulse until combined and moist; a “ball” will start to form. Don’t over mix at this point!
- Scoop out approximately 1/3 cup of dough and place on a baking sheet (dough will be divided into six even drops). Bake for 18-22 minutes until tops begin to turn golden brown. Best served warm with a drizzle of honey.
If you don’t have a food processor, use a pastry blender.