Better than take-out, this classic Chinese dish is a quick dinner and can easily be doubled for more servings!
- 4 ounces Chinese noodles (1/2 package)
- 1 Tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 Tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon light (regular) soy sauce
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded carrots (2 medium)
- 1 bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 3–4 ounces snow peas
- Boil a large pot of water; cook Chinese noodles for 1-2 minutes, stirring to unfold. Drain, rinse, and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together oyster sauce, sesame oil, and soy sauces. Set aside.
- In a wok, heat vegetable oil over medium heat. Add onion slices and cook for 4-5 minutes until tender. Add garlic, continuing to stir for 1 minute as it becomes fragrant. Add carrots, bell pepper, and snow peas. Cook for 4-5 minutes until tender.
- Add cooked noodles, sauce, and stir to coat. Continue to cook for 2 minutes until noodles are cooked through and sauce is distributed evenly.
If you want to add a protein, cook it with a bit of oil in the wok first and remove when cooked through. Add it back in at the end with the noodles to warm up.
Stir in some Sriracha or garlic chili paste for a spicy kick!
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Asian