Make this easy weeknight dinner tonight – loaded with vegetables, pasta, and cheese, you’ll have a healthy family meal in no time!
- 8 oz. dry rotini pasta
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 8 oz. (16–18 whole) mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 2–3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- 1/2 Tablespoon Italian seasoning (optional)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, diced
- 2 cups spinach leaves, tightly packed and chopped
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 8 oz. fresh mozzarella, diced
- Basil and parmesan for garnish as desired
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F. In a large saucepan, bring salt water to a boil, and cook pasta for half of the suggested cooking time (approximately 3-4 minutes). You want it to still be hard in the middle as it will cook again. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet with olive oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and cauliflower and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes to taste. Add Italian seasoning and garlic, stir to combine. Cook for an additional 3-4 minutes. Add tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes. Add chopped spinach, stir to combine, and remove from heat.
- Add tomato sauce and pasta to vegetables and stir to combine. Layer half of the pasta into a casserole baking dish. Top with half of the mozzarella. Add the remaining pasta to the baking dish and cover with remaining mozzarella.
- Bake pasta for 18-20 minutes, until bubbly and cheese is melted and turning golden brown. Garnish with fresh basil and parmesan as desired.
To make vegan, omit the cheese or use vegan mozzarella.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: easy, weeknight, vegetarian, plant based, vegan, veggies, healthy