Even though summertime BBQs seem to be all about grilling, we really know it’s all about the side dishes. Find your next favorite side in this collection of vegetarian bbq sides that are perfect for grilling out with friends. A few extra meatless main dish recipes are included, too!
It’s summertime, and while there are so many glorious things about that, one of the best parts of hot days is dinner outside loaded up with our favorite summer recipes. Whether you call them barbecues or grilling out or potlucks…they’re all synonymous with delicious eats, laughter, and sunshine.
And they’re not just for omnivores serving burgers and wings and ribs…vegetarians, vegans, and any sort of eater can enjoy this season too!
Check out this collection of over 20 vegetarian side dish recipes for grilling, as well as a few grilled meatless main dishes and three dessert bars perfect for potlucks (I just couldn’t help but add a few extras here for you to complete the meal).
All of the recipes in this collection are vegetarian, but many can easily be made vegan and gluten-free.
Table of Contents
Vegetarian BBQ Sides
Regardless of if you are vegetarian or not, aren’t cookouts all about the sides?! This collection of vegetarian summer sides is all about flavor and texture and using fresh summer produce (the best kind of veggies!).
See our collection of green salad recipes for more ideas!
So, sides or appetizers? They’re those recipes that are like appetizers but can totally be enjoyed as a side at a BBQ. Because really, it’s all about just filling up your plate, isn’t it? Really, it’s just all about good food with friends.
Need appetizer ideas? Check out our collection of vegetarian appetizers!
Grilled Vegetarian Main Dishes
If you’re going to be enjoying vegetarian bbq sides, then surely we should enjoy a meatless main dish too! These ones can all be made on the grill for easy summertime cooking.
Find more flatbread recipes to grill in our flatbread pizza collection!
Easy Dessert Bar Recipes
The words BBQ, potluck, and any sort of outdoor dinner/party/bonfire/happy hour situation are basically synonymous with no-bake dessert bars. And ok, those margarita ones do require baking…but they’re totally worth it.
Find more BBQ-worthy ideas in our collection of summer vegetarian recipes!
Vegetarian BBQ Side Dish Recipes: Grilled Sweet Corn Salsa
- 1 ½ cups corn-on-the-cob kernels, approx. 2 ears
- 1 ½ Tablespoons red onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 ½ Tablespoons jalapeno, finely chopped
- ¾ cup tomato, diced, approx. 1 medium tomato
- ½ teaspoon salt, to taste
- 3 Tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- ½ lime, juiced, to taste
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Husk the corn on the cob, then place on clean grill grates and cook for a few minutes on each side, rotating until charred and soft all around.
- Let the corn cool slightly while you prepare the remaining ingredients. Add the rest of the ingredients to a medium bowl. Once the corn is cool, cut off the kernels and toss in the bowl until combined.
- Taste test and add additional salt or lime juice as needed. Serve with chips or as a side dish (or even on top of tacos, etc.).
Disclaimer: The nutritional information provided for this recipe is only an estimate. The accuracy of the facts listed is not and cannot be guaranteed.