A flavorful, vibrant salad with a variety of textures! Simple to make and perfect for summer occasions!
- 1 large lemon, thinly sliced
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Generous amount freshly ground pepper
- 5–6 cups chopped lettuce
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1 pomegranate, seeded
- 1/2 cup shelled pistachios
- 1 cucumber, diced
- Pre-heat oven to 425°F. Arrange lemon slices in a thin layer on a large parchment-lined baking sheet. Lightly drizzle with oil (olive or vegetable). Bake for 13-15 minutes, flipping halfway through, until golden, soft, and caramelized. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, and pepper.
- Toss lettuce, mint, parsley, raisins, pomegranate, pistachios, cucumber, roasted lemons, and dressing. Serve immediately if dressed, or keep dressing separate until ready to serve.
I use romaine lettuce usually, but feel free to switch out with your preferred greens!
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: Middle Eastern
Keywords: salad, healthy, dinner, summer, vegetarian, vegan, gluten free, dairy free