A simple mocktail with refreshing and sweet iced Watermelon Granita topped with sparking lime water – or a flavor of your choice! Top with sparkling rosè for a spiked beverage!
- 5–6 cups watermelon, cubed
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 cups ice, divided
- 2–4 cans sparkling lime flavored water (or flavor of choice)
- In a blender, add watermelon, lemon juice, sugar, and 2 cups of ice. Blend until roughly combined (ice chunks are ok!). Add the remaining cup of ice and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a shallow pan (9×13 works great) and put in the freezer. After 30 minutes, take a fork and rake the mixture. Repeat after 1 hour, and again 30 minutes to an hour later. When ready, the mixture will be frozen like a slushy, but not solid.
- Scoop into a cup and top with your desired amount of sparking water for a refreshing mocktail! You can also enjoy the granita on its own like a sorbet.
Store watermelon granita in the freezer; it will harden up, so the next time you want to enjoy it, let it sit on the counter for a few minutes to soften up enough to serve it. Best if eaten when fresh.
- Category: Beverage
- Method: Freeze
Keywords: summer, easy, kid-friendly, cold