Watermelon Mint Cocktail – a light, refreshing, and healthy-ish way to enjoy an adult beverage this summer – bursting with fresh watermelon juice and fragrant mint leaves!
Let’s cut straight to the chase – you, lounging in a chair outside (it doesn’t matter where- deck, porch, sidewalk, beach, yard…), the sun is shining, the breeze is blowing, yet something is missing. You need a drink.
And not just any drink, we all know you need a light, refreshing, adult-type beverage that’s going to make you feel good about the day drinking about to commence.
In comes this yummilicious Watermelon Mint Cocktail.
Friends! There is no better summer drink out there than this one – it has all of the fresh summer flavors that you HAVE to have. And NOW.
Let’s break it down:
- Juicy watermelon
- Fresh, fragrant mint (straight from the garden if you know what’s best)
- Simple syrup (just a bit!)
- Vodka (as much as you want!)
- Seltzer or club soda
BONUS: garnish with all the watermelon cubes and mint leaves you want for a snack along the way, too!
Watermelon Mint Cocktail
- 2 cups watermelon diced, resulting in 1 cup juice
- 1/2 cup mint leaves tightly packed
- 1/2 cup vodka
- 1/2 cup simple syrup see notes
- 2 cups seltzer or club soda
- Place several of the watermelon cubes in a sieve over a large bowl. Using the back of a spoon or a muddler, press the watermelon through to extract the juice. Continue until you've used all watermelon and have approximately 1 cup watermelon juice. Add vodka and simple syrup to a bowl and stir to combine to create the cocktail mix.
- Place 5-6 mint leaves in the bottom of 4 mason jars or glasses. Pour in approximately 1 tablespoon of the cocktail mix and muddle together. Add 1/2 cup cocktail mix to cups, ice, top off with 1/2 cup seltzer, and stir. Add additional mint leaves to garnish, as well as watermelon cubes, if desired.
Looking for more summer watermelon recipes? Check this out >>> Melon Salad with Feta and Basil!
Did you make this recipe?! I’d love to see – tag @forkinthekitchen #forkinthekitchen on Insta, Facebook, or Twitter!