Ultra creamy cheesecake bars with a hint of honey, topped with fresh figs, pistachios, and an extra drizzle of honey!
I’ve been working nonstop to bring Honey Cheesecake Bars with Figs to you ASAP. Because you need them, ASAP.
I’ve tested them three times in a week (!!!) …it’s been quite the sacrifice.
I mean, in reality, I’m looking for any excuse to have to test cheesecake bars when I’m on this workout-get-stronger missing. Somehow I just seem to always find a way around these things… 😉
Can I tell you a secret, to be sure I’m 100% always honest with you, my foodie friends? I’ve never baked/cooked with FRESH figs before. Omg, I know. Have you? Am I just wayyyy behind the times (and maybe should reconsider this food blogger title)?! Tell me!
Until now, it’s been mostly fig preserves or dried figs… I mean, I absolutely love this very old Fig Compote and Goat Cheese Crostini recipe (bacon optional!) and there’s nothing like fig jam with a little cheese board spread.
But fresh figs? I guess they’re kind of a rarity here in Minnesota, the season so short, and you’ve got to be ON IT if you’re going to take advantage of them. Despite the 1,083,475 things we all have going on this time of year, I was DETERMINED to make this the year of baking with figs!
What goes better with figs than a little honey, cheese, and pistachios? I’m pretty sure NOTHING. Utopia. Especially when the cheese is CREAM CHEESE! In bar form! No one can argue with a cream cheese bar – am I right?
There’s so much flavor in these bars:
- sweet, shortbread cookie crust
- ultra creamy cream cheese filling
- earthy, jammy fresh figs
- sweet honey
- crunchy pistachios
I mean, really, what more could you want for a late-summer dessert? Go, now, because fig season won’t last much longer!
Honey Cheesecake Bars with Figs
- 14 oz. shortbread cookies
- 7 Tablespoons butter melted
- 16 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 12-15 fresh figs sliced
- 1/4 cup pistachios chopped
- Honey for drizzle
- Pre-heat oven to 325°F. Line a 9x9 square baking pan with parchment paper (or foil).
- To make the crust: in a food processor, add shortbread cookies and pulse until fine crumb forms. Add in melted butter, continuing to pulse until combined. Spread crumbs in an even layer in your lined pan. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add softened cream cheese, sugar, honey, and vanilla. Beat using an electric mixer until soft, fluffy, and combined. Add eggs one at a time, mixing to combine in between. Spread evenly on top of the crust.
- Bake for 47-55 minutes, until edges are set (the center may jiggle slightly) and are slightly golden brown. Let cool for 1-2 hours; then let chill in the fridge for 2-3 hours for best results.
- Before serving, top with sliced figs, chopped pistachios, and a drizzle of honey.