Well, well, well… here we are again my friends, with another fall recipe (I told you I was finally feeling the fall vibe) AND another muffin recipe.
Because we all know that muffins are one of the best quick, comforting breakfast options out there.
I also know that you need more quick, delicious, healthy-ish breakfast recipes in your life – especially ones that cater to ALL your fall cravings. So you’re welcome in advance.
These Pumpkin Coconut Muffins are no joke. At first, I wasn’t so sure about the pumpkin and coconut combination… too much of a tropical and fall cross to even work, I wondered?
But no, no it is not a weird hybrid mix of mismatched flavors. It is not indeed. Instead, it’s a mix of warm, comforting flavors that complement each other so dang well. I don’t even know how to begin to describe it other than fall perfection.
AND IN MINI FORM!
I love mini foods. They’re the perfect excuse to eat double the amount that you normally would because, hello, they’re MINI!
I am currently loving mini desserts for all the fall needs:
- a quick on-the-go breakfast
- kids fall party
- fuel before pumpkin picking
- fuel for after pumpkin picking
- …or apple picking
- mid-hike snack
- munchies for a road trip to view all the fall colors
Endless fall possibilities here!
And on top of these Mini Pumpkin Coconut Muffins is the most incredible crumble topping:
- brown sugar
Simple deliciousness. It absolutely adds a sweet crunch. And because the muffins are miniature, you get extra crumble to muffin ratio. You know I take care of you, my lovely food friend. SO MUCH LOVE.
What about full-sized muffins?
I told you, I got your back! I won’t leave the traditional route out (I am a traditionalist at heart, you know). You can absolutely make these muffins full sized – there are details down below in the recipe. No matter which size you prefer, or what the occasion calls for, Pumpkin Coconut Muffins will deliver this fall!
Fall’s favorite flavor, pumpkin, is paired with its sidekick coconut and topped with a sweet coconut pecan crumble. These mini muffins will keep you coming back for more!
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 2 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 4 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons pecan chips
- 2 Tablespoons shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line 24 mini muffin tins*. Mix together all of the crumble ingredients and set aside.
- Stir together dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Set aside.
- Melt butter and let cool slightly. Whisk in egg, vanilla extract, pumpkin puree, and shredded coconut.
- Add wet ingredients into the dry and stir to combine (batter will be slightly thick). Be careful to not over mix. Fill muffin liners 3/4 of the way full (almost to the top) and place approximately 1 teaspoon (or as much as desired) crumble on top of each muffin.
- Bake muffins for 12-14 minutes until they bounce back when tapped lightly.
You can also make these in regular muffin pans; the recipe will yield approximately 9 regular sized muffins.
I tested this recipe using both sweetened “angel flake” (or longer) shredded coconut as well as a fine unsweetened shredded coconut. I personally enjoyed the larger shreds (as is photographed) for texture, but the finer shreds worked too!
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: fall, breakfast, brunch, easy, healthy, pumpkin spice
This recipe contains Amazon Affiliate Links, which means if you purchase a product, FITK receives a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your continued support!