An easy side dish that’s festive, ready in 10 minutes, and made with only 5 ingredients!
Here it is, another recipe I’ve kept tuck away for years. My family has been making these Sauteed Green Beans with Red Peppers and Pine Nuts for… probably a decade now.
And I don’t see an end in sight!
It’s been a staple on our holiday menus for so many excellent reasons:
- It’s SO easy to make!
- Really, in 10 minutes this side is DONE!
- You only need 5 ingredients (plus a little cooking oil/butter and salt)
- The most festive side there is!
Really, look at those colors!
While this side dish is perfectly colored for a Christmas dish, it fits in perfectly on a Thanksgiving dinner table, too. Because of its quickness, it’s definitely a recipe that’s needed on Thanksgiving – a pop of color and one you can save until the last minute to make!
Traditionally, we’ve always made this recipe without goat cheese, but I wanted to jazz it up a bit this year. The goat cheese adds a unique tang to the side dish, and it gets a little melty with the warm green beans, making for a super creamy addition.
But I need a vegan option!
Then you’re in luck! Sautee the green beans in olive oil, instead of butter, and omit the goat cheese. Remember, for years we’ve always made these the vegan way.
I just can’t help myself with the cheese sometimes. 🙂
And those pine nuts? They are spot on with the earthy, nutty crunch they add.
Green beans with a bite? Check!
Subtly sweet with a bite red pepper? Check!
Earthy pop pine nuts? Check!
Creamy, tangy goat cheese? Check!
An easy festive side dish that’s ready in no time? Check, and check!
Get the Recipe Sautéed Green Beans with Red Pepper and Goat Cheese
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter (or heat olive oil). Add green beans and toss; continue to sautèe for about 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Salt to taste. Add minced garlic and red bell pepper, cook for an additional 4 minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, toast pine nuts over low-medium heat for 3-4 minutes until warm.
- Once green beans and red bell peppers are fork tender, toss with pine nuts and goat cheese. Serve immediately.