Cashews, dates, and apricots mixed together and formed into bite-sized balls for an easy, healthy, go-to snack!
Have I got the easiest recipe for you today. Which is what we all need on a Sunday, right?
Between the laundry and the cleaning and the meal prep, you’ll love that these energy bites only require 3 ingredients (4 if you want the coconut roll) and less than 10 minutes to make.
I go back and forth between making Sundays a day of relaxation and then a day of getting ALL THE THINGS done. I generally do several loads of laundry but I hate folding it, so all week long I’m sorting through the clean, but unfolded laundry. Then you don’t fold the towels and get out of the shower and… ? … not like that’s ever happened to me though…
How do your Sundays typically go?
Whether you’re in the relax/fun/enjoy the day camp or the let’s get life sorted camp, these 3 Ingredient Energy Bites will make your life 842X better. Their quick prep will free up more time to do whatever you want before the weekend quickly slips away.
It’s as easy as this!
All you have to do is throw the cashews, dates, and apricots into your food processor and pulse until they’re transformed into a coarse meal.
The mix will start to stick together, creating almost one large ball, so you’ll know it’s ready. There’s a lot of personal preference here, too, depending on how fine you’d like it mixed together!
Tips for Best Results
- I use salted cashews for this recipe. If yours aren’t salted, I’d recommend adding a pinch of salt to the mix.
- Roll in coconut! It creates a little extra sweetness and more texture. If you don’t like coconut, obviously leave it off and the energy bites will be just as good!
These bites are excellent to take to work as a mid-afternoon pick-me-up or even a quick pre-yoga snack. They add that sweet fix that’s needed without any added sugar or anything processed.
These 3 Ingredient Energy Bites also got me through the Whole 30. They definitely fill that craving and help to subdue hunger pains.
Looking for more energy bites? Check out these healthy snack bites made with peanut butter and Nutella – oh my!
3 Ingredient Energy Bites
- 1 cup cashews, unsalted, if possible
- 1 cup dried dates, pitted
- 1 cup dried apricots
- Pinch of salt, if using unsalted cashews
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes, optional
- In a food processor, add the cashews, dates, and apricots (salt if adding). Pulse until coarse meal forms; the mix will begin to stick together.Form into 1 inch balls. Roll in coconut flakes if desired. Store in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator.
Disclaimer: The nutritional information provided for this recipe is only an estimate. The accuracy of the facts listed is not and cannot be guaranteed.