Oh me, oh my, it’s the season of easy flatbread pizzas with ALL the farmer’s market produce! And obviously all the burrata.
To say that I’ve been making this Grilled Corn, Burrata, Pesto Flatbread – aka naan pizza – on repeat for the last three weeks would be an understatement. It’s SO darn easy. I’m talking about a little grilling, a tiny bit of chopping, and a whole lot of eating.
And hello, it has burrata. A BURRATA flatbread. Burrata is basically my love language. What’s yours?
Wait, What is Burrata?
Ok, the question I still get and the one I’m ever so happy to answer because once you go burrata, you never go back.
And burrata pizza? Forget-about-it. Life. Changer.
Back to it! Burrata. The apple – er, cheese – of my eye. My love language, as we noted. And soon to be yours.
Most simply put, it’s a ball, or rather a ball pouch, of mozzarella cheese with soft stringy bits of mozzarella and (mostly) cream in the middle. Which basically means it’s heaven on Earth, the best of all cheese worlds.
And once you’ve tried it on pizza, you will never, I repeat never, go back.
P.S. If you’re looking to up your burrata game, check out these other burrata recipes featuring my love:
- Burrata Breakfast Board
- Pesto, Tomato, Burrata Spread
- Grilled Peach, Pesto, and Burrata Flatbread
- Nectarine Burrata Basil Salad
- Blackberry Burrata Mint Crostini
I told you burrata was my love language. And boy am I sending you a whole lotta love.
The Naan Pizza
Yep, I said it. NAAN PIZZA. Talk about the easiest way to make a flatbread pizza on your busy weeknights.
- Get your naan.
- Spread it with pesto.
- Toss on your grilled veggies.
- DO NOT forget the burrata.
- Put it on the grill, grill pan*, or oven (options!).
- Eat your heart out.
Can you think of an easier way to have a delicious, fresh summertime pizza? I sure can’t.
Oh, and don’t’ forget the wine, because this al fresco dinner won’t be complete without it.Print
An easy naan flatbread pizza topped with grilled corn, pesto, tomatoes, shallot, and creamy burrata cheese. It’s easy, quick, and perfect for summertime dinners!
- 2 naan flatbreads
- 1/4 cup pesto, divided
- 1–2 Roma tomatoes, sliced
- 1 corn-on-the-cob ear
- 1 ball of burrata, divided
- 1 small shallot, thinly sliced
- Basil, for garnish
- Salt and pepper
- Heat grill/grill pan over medium heat. Lightly brush olive oil (or another oil of choice) across the ear of corn. Place the cob on the heated grill pan and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side, rotating it as the corn becomes slightly charred on each side. Remove and let cool slightly. Slice off kernels.
- Lightly brush the naan breads with olive oil on each side. Place face down on the grill, flipping when grill marks appear, approximately 2-3 minutes. Once flipped (with top side facing up), spread on the pesto, add the tomato slices, corn kernels, burrata, and the shallot evenly distributed between the two pizzas.
- Cover and let cook for 4-6 minutes until burrata is melted. Garnish with basil, salt, and pepper.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Lightly brush olive oil (or another oil of choice) across the ear of corn. Place the cob on the heated grill pan cook for 1-2 minutes on each side, rotating it as the corn becomes slightly charred on each side. Remove and let cool slightly. Slice off kernels.
- Preheat oven to 375°F with a pizza stone inside. Take your naan flatbreads and spread pesto, add the tomato slices, corn kernels, burrata, and the shallot evenly distributed between the two pizzas.
- Place the pizzas on your prepared stone, and bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown and the cheese has melted. Garnish with basil, salt, and pepper.
Don’t forget to add a garnish of salt flakes at the end – it really makes a difference!
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: summer, easy, quick, kid-friendly
*This post contains Amazon Affiliate links. Thank you for supporting FITK!