As summer speeds to a close, there’s only one thing to do (make): Grilled Peach, Pesto, and Burrata Flatbread.
I feel like it’s been a hot minute since I shared a recipe with you. It’s all those end of summer feels. Especially as a Minnesotan, especially as a teacher, especially as someone who loves summer. I try to appreciate everything about the moment, and at the end of the summer, that means choosing kayaking over editing photos, saying yes to a patio happy hour over recipe testing, taking a walk around the lake instead of scheduling pins on Pinterest.
Really. I definitely love this blog world, but I love my life too. You understand, right? But here I am! Hopefully back to my couple posts a week schedule, and with one of my favorite end-of-summer dinners.
Grilled dinners are a must this time of year, too. I don’t know about where you are, but here it’s been HUMID! Thoughts of turning on the oven? Forget it. Stove? No way. Grill or no cook meals are a MUST.
I like to grill because let’s be honest: it’s another excuse to be outside. Back to the grilled flatbread that basically begs to be eaten alfresco… we’ve got all the summer stars playing here:
- Peaches: I’m obsessed with them this time of year (use nectarines if you don’t like the peach fuzz!) – so juicy, tender, and delicately sweet.
- Basil: anyone else have basil overflowing in their herb gardens right about now?! All I can think is PESTO, PESTO, PESTO!
- BURRATA: I’ve been all about incorporating burrata this summer. So creamy, and the ultimate match for all the flavors in this flatbread!
- Honey: can’t go wrong with a drizzle of honey in a sweet/savory combo!
- Arugula: hit on the savory with its peppery addition. And hi, texture addition!
I mentioned this flatbread is grilled, but what exactly is grilled? First, the peaches. Have you had grilled peaches yet? Game. Changer. They caramelize and the flavor is deep, rich, and sweet. Then we grill the flatbread, both sides, to add a slight char and create a crispy crust.
A crust that’s a naan flatbread, naturally. All about the easy dinner life these days. Did I mention just enjoying summer?! Yep, yes,
Get to it! Start the grill, pour yourself a drink, and set out the picnicware: you’re about to have a delicious, easy, summertime dinner ready in no time.
Grilled Peach, Pesto, and Burrata Flatbread
- 2 large ripe peaches sliced
- 2 naan bread
- Flavorless oil or olive oil for coating
- 4 Tablespoons pesto
- 8 oz. burrata
- Arugula for topping
- Black pepper
- Honey drizzle
- Heat grill over medium heat. If using grill grates, ensure grates are clean. Brush sides of sliced peaches with oil, also brush the grill grates. Place peach slices, side down, on grates. After about one minute, push back and forth the ensure they're not sticking. Continue cooking for approximately 2-3 additional minutes on each side, until grill marks appear and peaches are slightly caramelized. Remove from grill and set aside.
- Brush top of naan with oil, and place top side down on the grill. Brush the back of naan with oil. Cook for 2-3 minutes until marked and slightly crispy. Turn naan back, bottom side down (or remove from the grill) and spread pesto on naan. Add burrata, divided between the two flatbreads. Cover and let cook for 3-4 minutes until burrata is slightly melted.
- Add peaches back on flatbread. Top with a handful of arugula, black pepper, and a drizzle of honey.
This recipe was loosely inspired by Half Baked Harvest.