This Thirsty Thursday is all about Strawberry Mint Sangria.
I think it’s finally done snowing here in Minnesota (fingers crossed) and this weekend’s weather is forecasted to be absolutely gorgeous. So I plan to repeat the Saturday I had two weekends ago -when we had our first 70-degree day- for every weekend here on out.
That weekend included sangria (none other than THIS ONE, of course), hanging out on the rooftop, soaking up the sun, and laughing a lot. It was super relaxing, delicious, and one of those weekends that you need in order to fill your soul with love and happiness.
Hence why you’ll be finding me back on the rooftop with a pitcher of sangria every weekend this summer. I mean, you can’t have too much of a good thing, right?
Ok, maybe I’m wrong there but seriously, this sangria…
What you need for this amazing sangria:
…tiny bit of sugar
Just toss them together in a pitcher, mix it up, let it sit so all the flavors meld together into sangria perfection and BAM! Summer perfected.
Has there ever been anything sweeter sipped? Anything more refreshing? Any better combination of flavors? We’re talking about strawberries and mint here… they’re a match made in heaven. And then paired with rosé?! DREAMS DO COME TRUE, FRIENDS.
75% of the time I’m strictly a red wine drinker. The other 25% involves summer patios, sun, and seafood… it used to be a crisp dry white that I went to for such occasions, but now, insert my new favorite summer beverage: rosé.
For this sangria, I stuck to my favorite kind of wines, a little bit drier. I used a Grenache rosé which held up nicely as sangria. It was light, crisp, and melded absolutely perfect with the mint, strawberries, and lemon.
Through my recent sangria research, I learned that sangria typically consists of added sugar and club soda – or champagne – and as we all probably know, sometimes an added liquor.
While I don’t like drinks that are too sweet, there’s just a touch of sugar in this sangria to make it sangria-y without becoming overwhelmingly sweet.
I typically topped each glass with a little club soda to my liking but mixing it in works just the same. Adding a little bubbly effervescent makes it even more cocktail fancy, turning the everyday patio party into a full-on fancy-feeling event.
Cheers to a fabulous summer in the making!
Strawberry Mint Sangria
- 2 1/2 cups strawberries, quartered
- 2/3 cup fresh mint leaves
- 3 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 bottles rose wine, chilled
- 1/2 cup club soda, optional, as needed
- In a large pitcher, combine strawberries, mint, sugar, and lemon juice. Pour in rosé and mix until sugar is dissolved.
- There are two options for adding the club soda: stir it into the sangria pitcher before serving. Or, add club soda to individual serving glasses, as desired.
- Let the combined sangria sit for at least 30 minutes so the flavors develop, however, you can drink it immediately if you really can't wait. Let it sit for up to 2 hours before serving if desired.
Disclaimer: The nutritional information provided for this recipe is only an estimate. The accuracy of the facts listed is not and cannot be guaranteed.
Hello Becca, I just made the recipe and put in the fridge… will try in 3-4 hours. Hoping it’s a smash hit. Thanks for the recipe! Wishing you well from Quebec Canada.
Thanks, Andrew, I hope you enjoyed it!