The countdown to the holidays is officially here. With less than two weeks to go until Thanksgiving (how did that happen?!?) and only six weeks until Christmas, I’ve been in full appetizer planning mode.
I love getting together with friends and family around this time of year, drinking festive holiday cocktails (a new favorite coming soon!), exchanging lots of laughs, and eating copious amounts of food.
This year we got together early – mostly because life seems to get busier and busier the older you get – and because I teamed up with JORD to make some holiday wishes come true this year! JORD makes these wooden watches for both men and woman that are absolutely unique and beautiful. I couldn’t wait to gift one to my friend and to myself! Isn’t that how it should be, anyway? 😉 Here’s my favorite JORD watch thus far!
And do you know what pairs perfectly with friends, drinks, and gorgeous wooden watches? These Sweet Potato Goat Cheese Bites, of course!
You guys. These bites. They’re everything this fall. You know I looooove a good crostini recipe (I mean, as evidenced here, and here, and here, and here). I can’t ever get enough bread. But in practicing moderation this season, sweet potatoes are the absolute best way to go! The sweet potato chips create a perfect base for a creamy, whipped goat cheese spread that’s bursting at the seams with fresh herbs.
The only two herbs you’ll ever need in fall (with the exception of a few others ;)).
But we’re not done. Then there’s the HONEY DRIZZLE. Yep, that just happened. You cannot skip the honey drizzle. It brings out the sweetness in the sweet potato, that could potentially get lost under the sharp tang of the goat cheese, but it doesn’t. Because honey. Honey for life.
There’s sweet, tangy, tart, and crunch all wrapped up into one little bite.
So we did eat. We talked. We laughed. We ooed and awed over JORD wood watches. You can get your own with a special Holiday discount of 25% off! SUCH an amazing deal…the best deal you can find! And your friends and family will love their new accessory! Access your instant coupon code here and remember, Black Friday is coming up soon…don’t miss out on all the deals!
This post was sponsored by JORD Wood Watches; all opinions are my own.Print
A bite-sized balance of tangy and sweet flavors, these sweet potato bites make an excellent bite sized holiday appetizer!
- 2 small or 1 large sweet potato
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 ounces goat cheese, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon milk (any kind)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Honey to drizzle
- Pre-heat oven to 425°F. Thinly slice sweet potatoes into thin slices (approximately 1/16 inch) – I HIGHLY recommend using a mandoline. Toss in olive oil with a pinch of salt and pepper. Layer evenly on a baking sheet. Bake for 7-8 minutes, turn to other side, and bake for an additional 7-8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, using an electric hand mixer together goat cheese, thyme, rosemary, milk, and salt (to taste) until light and fluffy.
- Spread approximately 1/2 teaspoon (or as much as desired) goat cheese mixture on top of cooked sweet potatoes. Drizzle with honey and serve immediately.
Reserve any leftover goat cheese in an airtight container in the fridge.