Unlock the *highest* level of weeknight dinner superhero-ness with air fryer frozen veggies! They’re so easy to make, and because cauliflower is such a neutral base, mix and match your favorite homemade seasoning blends for all the flavor.
Air fryer cauliflower is ready in just around 10 minutes, to save you time on busy weeknights but still provide a nutritious, budget-friendly side dish to serve! You’re gonna love how hands-off this recipe is!
This is a recipe with few ingredients so that you can easily adjust as needed in terms of flavors when it comes to spices.
- Frozen Cauliflower will come chopped into pieces containing both stems and florets; it’s these smaller pieces that mean it cooks up super quickly!
- Olive Oil: only a little olive oil is needed to help the tops crisp up.
- Seasonings: flavor cauliflower with any variety of seasoning blends! To keep it simple, I like to use my DIY seasoned salt for a little extra oomph. Zippy lemon pepper seasoning is also delicious, or add some homemade taco seasoning for burrito bowls or taco night. And don’t forget some cajun seasoning to really jazz it up!
Want to use fresh cauliflower? Check out how we make air fryer broccolini for cooking suggestions!
I have a 4-Quart Ninja Air Fryer which is what I used for this recipe. You of course can use the air fryer you have, taking note of its size.
This air fryer is easy to use and is the perfect size for two or a small family.
Frozen Cauliflower in the Air Fryer
Are you ready for how easy this recipe is? I did say it was basically a non-recipe, right? The best kind when you need a side dish ASAP!
To make it really easy and to have one fewer dish, you can do the mixing all in the basket of the air fryer. Toss the frozen cauliflower sprouts with olive oil and seasoning of choice. If you’re not using a seasoning blend, be sure to add salt (and pepper, if you’d like).
Place the florets on top of the crisping rack in the air fryer basket and try to spread them in an even layer (as much as possible) so the hot air can circulate around them for better cooking and crisping. Because we’re tossing them in olive oil, there’s no need for cooking spray, either.
I really don’t like to wait for my air fryer to preheat (who does?!)…so, this recipe doesn’t require any preheating time! Unless of course your air fryer recommends it regardless of what you’re cooking, be sure to read that manual!
Air fry frozen cauliflower at 375°F for 12-15 minutes.
Toss the basket halfway through the cooking time, especially if the cauliflower is piled high. It’s important to check the doneness, too. Some brands of frozen cauliflower florets are different sizes, so it’s important that smaller ones don’t get too crispy and vice-versa.
NOTE: Because air fryers vary in temperatures, wattages, and sizes, (and cauliflower may come in different sizes), you may need to adjust your cook time.
Cooking air fryer frozen vegetables is one of the most versatile ways to enjoy veggies. They’re also really dietary friendly whether you’re serving gluten-free, dairy-free, or vegetarian! Plus, you can mix and match garnishes for a choose-your-own-flavor adventure!
- Toss with fresh lemon juice and/or lemon zest.
- So many seasoning options – curry powder is another favorite!
- Garnish with almond slices or crispy breadcrumbs for texture.
- Parmesan cheese is a wonderful salty addition (look for a vegetarian version, if needed).
- Serve it with one of our many favorite homemade sauces.
- Make a buffalo cauliflower wrap!
- Drizzle a balsamic vinegar glaze or maple balsamic dressing.
Don’t stop at cauliflower, either, try frozen cauliflower and broccoli in the air fryer, too!
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a star rating and review in the form below. I appreciate your feedback, and it helps others, too!
Get the Recipe 15-Minute Air Fryer Frozen Cauliflower
- In the basket of the air fryer with a crisper rack (or a separate mixing bowl) toss the frozen cauliflower with olive oil and desired seasonings. Spread in an even layer in the air fryer basket.12 ounces frozen cauliflower*, 1 teaspoon olive oil, ¼-½ teaspoon seasoned salt
- Set the air fryer to 375°F. Cook for 12-15 minutes, tossing halfway through. Depending on the size of the florets, cook time may vary; smaller florets will crisp up more quickly.
- Serve immediately as desired and enjoy! Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days. Reheat in the air fryer.
- *Use anywhere from 12-20 ounces of cauliflower, depending on what’s available at your store; more cauliflower may require a longer cook time.
- Air Fryer: this recipe was tested with a 4-quart Ninja air fryer. The exact cook time may vary depending on the model of your air fryer.