Balsamic Bruschetta Salad is here to get us back on track now that spring is, errr, not here yet, but will hopefully be soon!
I’m obsessed with bruschetta. You too? We’re off to a good start.
I’m also obsessed with easy meals that I can either A) meal prep or B) make in under 30 minutes after a busy day of work. You too, again?! YES! We are winning here, you guys, winning.
A few months ago I had an overflowing basil plant – one of those Click & Grow Smart Gardens (affiliate link) – that seemed to burst at the seems overnight. How’s a girl supposed to use up extra basil after making all the Homemade Ravioli? Insert a Balsamic Bruschetta obsession.
A girl who also had a
desire need to be healthier. And needed consume a full meal without eating an entire baguette. Not that I’d do that anyway… 😉
Back to it! Balsamic Bruschetta Salad is is so easy, so approachable, and so deliciously satisfying!
With quite the easy ingredient list, too!
- Balsamic Vinegar (+EVOO)
Seriously, that’s it! Did I mention this is easy? And delicious? We’ve got all the tastiness of bruschetta, with a healthier twist (hi, lettuce ??) and I’m NOT complaining one bit! Crunchy, salty croutons, rich balsamic vinegar, slightly sweet tomatoes, and lots of garlic. We’re really winning!
So go ahead, enjoy a big bowl of Balsamic Bruschetta Salad and will spring to finally arrive!Print
A healthier twist on classic Bruschetta – a salad with all your favorite Bruschetta components. Quick, easy, and flavorful!
- 1 pint cherry or roma tomatoes, ¼ in. dice
- ½ cup basil, chiffonade or roughly chopped + garnish
- 3–4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil + more for drizzling on crostini
- 2 Tablespoons high-quality balsamic vinegar
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 2 cups croutons (~ 1/2 baguette, cubed)
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- Additional balsamic vinegar and/or olive oil to drizzle
- Bruschetta Mix: In a small bowl, stir together tomatoes, basil, garlic, shallot, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Croutons: If making your own croutons (recommended!), pre-heat oven to 375°F. Toss together bread cubes in a drizzle of olive oil (1-2 Tablespoons) and coat with salt and pepper. Bake for 5-7 minutes, tossing halfway in between until golden brown and crispy.
- In a large bowl, toss together chopped lettuce, bruschetta mixture (and all the juices!), and croutons. Drizzle with more balsamic vinegar and/or olive oil as desired.
Use high quality balsamic vinegar! Seriously, it makes ALL the difference!
- Category: Salad