‘Tis the season for festive cocktails! This Easy Apple Cider Sangria is going to spice up your holiday parties this year!
Thanks to OXO for partnering with me to make this post possible, because now making cocktails for a crowd has never been easier!
I have a very important question for you first: how do you handle drinks at your holiday get-togethers? Do you have a go-to cocktail you always make? Is it just a wine-or-beer type of affair? BYOB?
If you’re not one to typically plan a festive cocktail (hello, I know we already have so much work to do) then this Easy Apple Cider Sangria is for YOU!
I definitely fall into the camp of “just give me all the wine” but this year I can’t wait to switch it up. It is the time to be festive, after all!
Not only is this a crowd-pleasing cocktail that’s sure to keep your guests happy, but it’s also incredibly easy to make, especially with the help of OXO.
When making this easy fall sangria, you have two options: you can mix up all the fruit and cider to let it “marinate” a bit, and add the prosecco in right before serving OR you can just mix it together and serve immediately.
Which makes it perfect for those times you want to prep everything and those times when you need a tasty batch cocktail ASAP.
Either way, it’s so easy, delicious, and soul-warming for this time of year!
What you need for Easy Apple Cider Sangria:
- apple cider
- orange juice & slices
- lemon juice
- cinnamon sticks
- prosecco (you know, bottles of wine aplenty!)
- bourbon (optional but highly recommended – and I’m not even a bourbon drinker!)
Seriously, that’s it!
Mix them together and your Easy Apple Cider Sangria is ready in no time!
One more note: I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again – any time a citrus juice is called for (especially lemon) make sure you’re using FRESH!
Fresh juice will give you the bright flavor you’re looking for. I know sometimes you might just think squeezing the juice out of that lemon shaped bottle is easier, but I’m going to counter it with: then you need this OXO Steel Citrus Juicer.
You’ll never complain about juicing a lemon, orange, or lime again. The measuring cup that’s attached catches all the juice, and easily shows you how much you have (no more messy measuring!) AND THERE’S A POUR SPOUT! I’m serious when I say this has been a game changer.
How to Prepare Sangria
Usually, sangria sits to let the flavors meld for a while.
You can let this sangria sit, as I mentioned above, but without the prosecco in it. The prosecco will lose all of its lovely fizz and sparkle if we let it meld together.
So here are your options:
- Mix together the cider, orange and lemon juices, thyme, cinnamon, orange slices, apple chunks, and bourbon. Let sit for about 30 minutes, add prosecco, and serve!
- Mix everything together. Serve.
I have been loving OXO’s Ice Bucket Set when serving sangria for so many reasons:
- It seriously keeps the ice cold.
- The bottom has a place to catch the excess water so you don’t have to deal with it, and… my favorite part…
- The garnish tray!
Oh my goodness, how genius is the garnish tray?! I add in a few extra oranges and lemon slices for the guests who want a little more acid in their sangria.
Then, just leave the ice bucket next to the pitcher so each guest can add their optimum amount without any effort on your part. Making your life easier; that’s the goal!
A few other tools I love to help make the process easier (especially when preparing everything else for a holiday party!):
- Steel Angled Jigger – I’ve used OXO’s angled measuring cups for forever because they’re the easiest to use. No bending over and trying to see how much you’ve poured – it’s easy to read from above!
- No Spill Ice Cube Tray – solving problems and making life easier. This tray can go on its side in the freezer, making more room if you have a crowded freezer.
You have it all – everything you need to make this super easy sangria, fit for a crowd, with prosecco and bourbon (really, trust me on the bourbon) and all the favorite fall flavors.
Be sure to leave a comment below and share your favorite occasion to serve Easy Apple Cider Sangria!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of OXO.
Easy Apple Cider Sangria
- 1 1/2 cups apple cider
- 2 ounces fresh orange juice
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 8-10 fresh thyme sprigs
- 6 cinnamon sticks
- 2 Honeycrisp Apples, diced
- 1 orange, sliced
- 2-4 Tablespoons Bourbon, optional
- 1 bottle Prosecco
- Additional options for garnish: cinnamon sticks, thyme sprigs, lemon wedges, orange slices, apples
- In a large pitcher, mix together apple cider, orange juice, lemon juice, thyme, cinnamon sticks, apples, orange slices, and Bourbon (if using). Let sit for 30 minutes if desired. Add prosecco and stir to combine. Serve immediately.
- Garnish glasses with an additional cinnamon stick or thyme sprig (or additional ingredients as desired).
Disclaimer: The nutritional information provided for this recipe is only an estimate. The accuracy of the facts listed is not and cannot be guaranteed.