Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting are light and fluffy, topped with a rich, creamy frosting decadence, for an exquisite, heavenly result.
We’re full swing into the “fall is here” and “pumpkins! oh my!” phase, right?
Ok, good, because I’m about to rock your world.
If you’ve been reading along, last time we were here, Hurricane Joaquin was leaving us here on the East Coast and the sun was shinin’ real hot. Well, my little midwestern self just didn’t know what kind of storms could still be-a-comin’- even without a hurricane.
We’ve had TONS of rain and super fast winds; living on an island, that means flooding, especially when the tide is high.
So I’ve learned, “tropical storm rains” (I’m not sure what they technically were, but I’m going with it) + super fast winds + high tide = lots of water = not venturing out to drive to work = SUPER THANKFUL FOR PUMPKIN BARS WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING.
You guys, I’m not kidding when I say these are the most amazing pumpkin bars you will EVER have.
They’re moist, light, fluffy, pumpkin-cinnamon-y perfection topped with creamy, rich, decadent cream cheese frosting. Perfection in my book. I’m not the only one either.
And guess what, I cannot take credit for these Perfect Pumpkin Bars. I know, whhhaaaat?! Well, I have permission to share.
They are famously my mother’s- the woman who taught me everything I know in the kitchen and gave me the curiosity and independence to veer off of recipes and follow my instinct (well, that goes for life in general, too).
Also, it’s her birthday, so shout out to this amazing woman! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MAMA! ♡
If you’ve had the pleasure of having my mom make you these perfect pumpkin bars, then you know what I’m talkin’ bout. If not, then believe me when I say that people ask for these, beg for these. And now they’re HERE for YOU to try.
So please do. Go ahead and tag #forkinthekitchen to share with me when you’ve tried them. Be prepared for the compliments.
The melt-in-your-mouth, heavenly, luscious, perrrrfect bars will soon be your favorite too.
Pumpkin Bar Recipe Video:Print
Light and fluffy pumpkin bars topped with a rich, creamy, decadent cream cheese frosting, for an exquisite, heavenly result.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 eggs
- 1 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) pure pumpkin (not pie filling!)
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 12 Tablespoons butter, softened at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons cream, half-and-half, or milk
- 6 cups unsifted powdered sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs, sugar, oil, and pumpkin until light and fluffy. Add mixed dried ingredients into pumpkin mixture, beating until fully combined.
- Spread batter in an ungreased jelly roll pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes (depending on size of pan), until edges begin to brown slightly and a toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely before frosting.
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- Combine cream cheese, butter, vanilla, and cream in a mixing bowl. Beat with electric mixer on medium speed. Add powdered sugar 1 cup at a time, mixing between each addition, until all cups are added and frosting is smooth.
- Spread evenly on cooled pumpkin bars.
I use a 17×12 inch jelly roll pan.