Sun-Dried Tomato and White Bean Hummus – a smooth, creamy hummus made with cannellini beans and sun-dried tomatoes, hints of smoky spice, and fresh basil.
This hummus has me all googly-eyed and in love – because hummus is the best go-to lunch/snack/appetizer in my book.
I know I have a lot of updating to do, and in just a little more time I’m going to catch you up on the end of my summer. For now, let me give you the little nugget that summer is coming to an end and it’s about time to get back into the classroom.
Yep, before too long I’m going to be responsible for a classroom full of squirmy, hilarious six year olds. Whaaaat?! Crazy, I know. That’s a whole other exciting/scary/fun post in itself. Today this hummus is here because it’s going to get me through the quick lunches that are about to be part of my existence again.
Do you know a thing or two about quick lunches too? Something along the lines of this: you barely have time to even remember to eat, and by the time you do it’s a mad rush against the clock to shove anything in your mouth. Sound familiar?
Ok, good, because for exactly those moments, this hummus is going to save your stomach. And sanity. Take ten minutes on the weekend to whip it up, and you’ll have satisfying, quick lunches all week long. I love to use it in wraps or with pretzel thins and veggie sticks.
How else do you enjoy hummus?
Sun-Dried Tomato and White Bean Hummus is so on point with the sweet tomatoes, smoky spices (cumin, coriander, white pepper), bright lemon juice, and nutty tahini. I love using white beans in hummus too – they’re a little lower in fat compared to the typical garbanzo beans or chickpeas but still pack a ton of fiber and nutritious value!
Get the Recipe Sun-Dried Tomato & White Bean Hummus
- 15 oz. cannellini beans, or any white bean
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, julienned (additional for topping)
- 1/2 Tablespoon tahini
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1-3 Tablespoons water
- 2 Tablespoons basil, chopped (for garnish)
- In a food processor, blend together white beans, sun-dried tomatoes, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, salt, cumin, white pepper, and coriander. While blending, slowly drizzle in olive oil. Scrape sides as needed.
- Blend in water as needed for desired consistency.
- When desired consistency is reached, place in bowl and top with additional chopped sun-dried tomatoes, chopped basil, and a drizzle of olive oil.
By the Way…
This recipe is part of our easy vegetarian appetizer collection. Check it out!