Sun-Dried Tomato Hummus Wrap – a healthy lunch bursting with mediterranean flavors!
I’m proud to say I officially survived my first and second week back in the classroom! First graders haven’t changed much during my hiatus from the classroom – across the country or in the last two years – they’re still a chatty bunch and sweet as can be (well, most of the time).
I’m also happy to say that I already had a sweet little boy write about me in his writing about why First Grade Does NOT Stink – “because I love Ms. Becca”. Good move kid, you’ve earned bonus points for the entire year.
Can you guess what else has major bonus points for the entire year? THIS WRAP. No doubt. It has been a lifesaver and basically the most delicious thing to eat when you can’t even think about planning a meal to eat for lunch. And it definitely won’t let you forget about lunch, because it will be in the back of your mind all morning.
It’s seriously so easy to make – even given my limited amount of time for lunch, I can either make it right then and there or make it before school. It’s full of super deliciousness like:
- Sun-dried Tomato and White Bean Hummus (NEED I SAY MORE?!)
- Extra sun-dried tomatoes
- Pine Nuts
- Whole wheat wrap
Extra bonus: the White Bean Hummus will keep you full longer with its extra protein. No matter how you look at it, you can’t go wrong with this combination.
Sun-Dried Tomato Hummus Wrap
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 5 mins
- Yield: 1 wrap
- 1 large whole-wheat tortilla wrap
- 2 Tablespoons Sun-Dried Tomato and White Bean Hummus*
- 1 cup spinach
- 2-3 basil leaves, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon pine nuts (or walnuts)
- 2 Tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- ¼ cup cucumber, diced
- Spread hummus evenly across wrap, leaving approximately 1.5 inches around the edge. Add pine nuts, sun-dried tomatoes, cucumber, spinach, and basil to middle of wrap.
- To create wrap: fold in the two edges of the wrap that the ingredients are closest to. Fold in one of the other sides and tuck under the ingredient pile while rolling to create the wrap.
*See recipe link for Sun-Dried Tomato and White Bean Hummus below.
Sun-Dried Tomato and White Bean Hummus Recipe