Cilantro Salad with Peanut Sauce Dressing – lettuce salad, topped with lots of fresh cilantro, carrots, celery, peanuts, and a creamy, perfectly balanced Peanut Sauce Dressing.
Hiiiiiii! How does life feel like it gets busier and busier each and every month? I don’t even know where April went. If it wasn’t still technically April, I’d wonder if we just skipped over the entire month all together.
Anyway, did you check out the peanut sauce dressing earlier this week? If not, be sure you do, because today I’m going to show you one of my favorite salads to smother with it.
I looove the fresh flavor of cilantro – especially topped on Vegetable Pad Thai, in fresh salsa, or with any southwest flavors << in that salad, on tacos, the list could go on forever. But even more than that, I love it with peanut sauce. Somehow they’re the perfect pair, balancing each other out. It’s like peanut butter and jelly, corn and butter, garlic and anything.
Let’s be honest, this salad was really just created for this combination.
In no time you’re gonna have this delicious, healthy, fulfilling lunch/dinner for you and whomever you decide you *might* share it with. It’s healthy, but it is so good you might not want to share. Cue feeling like a superstar when your delicious, fresh, real food dinner is ready in under 15 minutes.
Since I’m still enjoying Jason’s first full day home in six weeks, I’m keeping this post short and sweet too. Besides, aren’t you already on your way to fill your body with delicious goodness? Thought so. Enjoy!
Cilantro Salad with Peanut Sauce Dressing
- 1 head romaine or green leaf lettuce chopped
- 2-3 large carrots julienned
- 2-3 celery stalks thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- 1/2 cup cilantro roughly chopped
PEANUT SAUCE DRESSING:
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- ½ lime juiced
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 3 Tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 Tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- To prepare salad, toss lettuce, carrots, celery, peanuts, and cilantro in a large bowl.
- For the dressing: whisk together shallot, garlic, lime juice, soy sauce, honey, and peanut butter. Slowly whisk in the sesame and olive oil until combined.
- Toss salad with dressing and serve immediately.
If you make this recipe, be sure to take a pic and hashtag it #FORKINTHEKITCHEN on social media, or leave a comment below. I’d love to see what you cook!
By the Way…
This recipe is part of our collection of green salad recipes. Check it out!