High Fiber Granola Bars are packed with flax seed, oats, walnuts, dates, and peanut butter to keep you satisfied through all of those mid-morning hunger strikes!
I’m so excited to share these granola bars with you today for so many reasons. Anyone else here find themselves starving between breakfast and lunch? What about lunch and dinner? What about just needing a little bit more, but struggling because you want to be healthy/not indulge on the chocolates in the office/are dying for something satisfying?
That my friends is how these granola bars came to be. I find myself on the go a lot for my job as a “home visitor” of sorts and more times than not I need a quick on-the-go snack. Not just any snack either, one that’s going to fill me up and tide me over until my next meal.
And guys. These will check all those boxes for you.
Full of filling fiber –> flax seed, oats, and dates
Let’s not forget the peanut butter holding it all together, giving you your peanut butter and sweet fix, while making sure there’s a little protein in there to hold you over, too. Please tell me you love peanut butter as much as I do? Pleaseeeee?
For the record, I’m obviously not a dietician, but all these ingredients are on my “let me be healthy!” list, and considering they generally are on lots of “things to eat to be healthy” lists, I’m calling it a win.
Not to mention how EASY they are to make! You’re never going to need to buy pre-packaged, factory made granola bars for convenience again. Take 5-10 minutes out of your meal planning, mix all the ingredients together, and throw in the fridge so they’re able to set up a little more. Seriously, that’s it.
Also, if I must say, NO MYSTERY INGREDIENTS!
I love how quick they are to make, and I can just go back and cut them into bars whenever I have time again. Once they’re cut, you can store them in individual reusable containers (for easy lunchbox prep!) or with some wax paper (saran wrap would work, too) and you’ll have the on-the-go, easy, healthy snack you’ve been dreaming about all these years.Print
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 2 Tablespoons flax seed
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 3/4 cup walnuts or pecans
- 1 1/4 cup oats
- Line a 9×9 baking pan with parchment paper (for easy removal later)
- In a large microwave safe bowl, add peanut butter, honey, and coconut oil. Microwave for approximately 30-40 seconds. Stir together.
- Using a food processor, grind flax seed until they begin to break down. Add dates and walnuts, chop until they’ve reached desired consistency for in the bars (I usually chop until they’re about the size of a peanut).
- Add chopped mixture to peanut butter mix, add oats, and stir to combine. Spread evenly in baking pan. Refrigerate until set up enough to cut, approximately 15-20 minutes at least. Cut into 10 bars and either individually wrap or store in an airtight container.
I’ve used both walnuts and pecans in these bars, they both have a good amount of fiber yet a little fat to keep you full, too. Feel free to use whatever kind of nut you prefer.
If you don’t have a food processor, you can chop the nuts and dates by hand and mix in the flax seed whole.
- Category: Snack