Pumpkin Spice Baked Brie – creamy, melted brie topped with a layer of pumpkin and spices, an apple chutney, wrapped in flaky puff pastry and drizzled with extra maple syrup.
I am so excited to share this recipe with you today! Not only because I love brie, and it’s fall, and all things pumpkin spice, but mostly because it’s in honor of my dear friend Liz and her upcoming wedding!
Liz is an amazing food blogger over at Pumpkin and Peanut Butter. I’ve had so much fun getting to know her over the past year of my food blogging life – and have especially enjoyed all of our “no way! me too!” moments. We both share a love for balanced lives, vegetarian food, and so much more — including teaching little first graders.
I’ve got a lot of love for my mom’s Perfect Pumpkin Bar recipe, and a love for pumpkin pie on Thanksgiving, but besides that, up until a year or two ago I didn’t really cook with pumpkin outside of those two recipes. Needless to say, I’m so glad this is changing.
Because this current pumpkin situation should not be missed.
My favorite part is layer of pumpkin mixed with pumpkin pie spice on top of the brie — it’s just divine. Add on the apple “chutney” (not sure we can technically call it that, but I’m going to) with comforting thyme and rosemary all wrapped up in a flaky puff pastry — ah, to die for.
The brie is all sorts of melty, with creamy, warm pumpkin, and bites of apple. Nothing says fall better – like, at all! I mean there’s cinnamon, pumpkin, nutmeg, thyme, rosemary, apples, and carbs! Life just can’t get better than that.
Let’s not forget the extra maple syrup I like to drizzle on top…
Pour yourself a glass of wine before cutting into the brie, and let’s cheers to Liz and Nate — wishing you both a lifetime of happiness, love, and delicious food!
Pumpkin Spice Baked Brie
- 1 sheet puff pastry dough, 1/2 of a package
- 8 or 9 oz. brie wheel
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 medium sized Granny Smith apple, finely diced (approximately 1/3 cup)
- 1 teaspoon thyme, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoon rosemary, roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest, approximately 1 orange
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 egg + 1 teaspoon water
- Allow puff pastry dough to thaw according to directions on package.
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F. Grease baking sheet or cover with parchment paper.
- In a small saucepan, combine maple syrup, raisins, diced apple, thyme, rosemary, and orange zest. Bring to a simmer over medium heat; let simmer for 5-7 minutes and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice.
- Lay out puff pastry sheet and place brie wheel in center. Spread pumpkin mix evenly on top of brie. Top with apple chutney. Pull one corner of the puff pastry up over the brie, and continue pulling up each side while squeezing any gaps together.
- Whisk together egg and water to create an egg wash; brush all over puff pastry exterior.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until exterior is golden brown. Drizzle with additional maple syrup if desired. Let sit 10 minutes before cutting into brie.
Disclaimer: The nutritional information provided for this recipe is only an estimate. The accuracy of the facts listed is not and cannot be guaranteed.