I will never have any other breakfast bagel sandwich again.
I know that sounds dramatic. I’ve had my fair share of really good breakfast bagel sandwiches before, I mean, I have spent a lot of time in New York City in my day. This Romesco Breakfast Bagel Sandwich though, this, this is the ultimate bagel sandwich.
It’s the breakfast sandwich you want while you’re enjoying a lazy weekend morning, with coffee and family gathered around the table. Sharing laughs, crosswords, or enjoying the morning summer sun.
I’ve been thinking a lot about this lately, this sense of community, belonging, being. Growing up, I basically moved once a year for thirteen years. I was continually leaving friends, making new, and finding a way to settle in. Junior high and high school were steady, then I transferred colleges a couple years in, and then I moved to Baltimore. Then North Carolina. Then back to Minnesota.
Part of me has always envied those who grew up in the same house their entire childhood. Those who have the same friends from first grade. Those who have a sense of deep-seeded community. I was always more apt to want to get out of wherever I was. I’ve always placed a high value on seeing the world, learning about other cultures, and hearing peoples’ stories.
But now, now I’m growing to appreciate the value of community more than ever. The value of being still. Being present. Being content in exploring and finding groundedness with where I’m at. Not itching for the next best thing, the next exploration.
Now, don’t get me wrong. I will never stop exploring, traveling, learning (nor do I think
I mean, everyone should have their own sandwich. I don’t mean sharing a single sandwich. That would just be insane, wouldn’t it? 😉 We should all just be sharing space and laughs when we enjoy them. Because LET ME TELL YOU… these bagel sandwiches are epic.
Epic might not even begin to describe it. Here’s what we’ve got:
- everything bagel – obviously.
- romesco sauce – adds SO much flavor and punch to the sandwich.
- cream cheese – for a creamy, tangy addition. and a bagel sandwich wouldn’t be right without some schmear.
- arugula – a peppery, texture addition.
- avocado – more creaminess, and why would there not be avo on an epic breakfast sandwich?
- microgreens – to feel a little fancy.
- fried egg – hellllooo, yolk porn. I mean, fried eggs are the way to go. always.
I just cannot get over it. I’ve gotta say, the addition of romesco sauce really does take a plain
I’d love to hear more about the community you’ll share a Romesco Breakfast Bagel Sandwich with – leave a comment below!Print
An epic breakfast sandwich: flavorful romesco sauce, tangy cream cheese, a perfectly fried egg, peppery arugula, all on top of a toasted everything bagel.
- 2 everything bagels, sliced
- 4 Tablespoons plain cream cheese
- 4 Tablespoons romesco sauce
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 eggs
- Handful of arugula
- Handful of microgreens
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat, lightly grease with a flavorless oil. Once hot, add eggs and cook for 2 minutes, turning over when whites have set. Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes until yolks are cooked as desired.
- Meanwhile, toast bagels as desired.
- On each bagel, spread half of the cream cheese on one slice, and half of the romesco on the other slice. Spread the remaining on the second bagel.
- On one slice of each bagel, layer arugula, avocado, egg, and microgreens. Top with the other half of the bagels and enjoy!
Keywords: easy, quick, brunch