This is not a drill. I repeat, this is not a drill. I’m really back!
I’m sorry it’s been so long since I’ve delivered a recipe. I wrapped up my time in Australia, trekked the 30+ hour travel time home, and have been fighting the jet lag since sharing my summertime staple, Nectarine Burrata Basil Salad.
Oh, and I’ve started right back into setting up my classroom. With all of this at play, Salmon Blueberry Power Salad was created for such weeks.
Between crappy airplane food, way too many indulgences, and the never-ending to-do list I’m currently facing, I needed a meal that was going to give me the brain power I needed to keep pushing through.
As I just learned, NASA estimates one-day recovery for every one-hour time zone crossed to get back to your normal routine. I was at a 15-hour difference and I’m only 5 days back ?.
POWER MEAL NEEDED ASAP.
Not to mention when I’m tired, I reach for comfort food about every .2 seconds (anyone else?!?), so I needed some serious healthy comfort food that I wouldn’t end up regretting once I’m in my right mind again.
Let’s see what this Salmon Blueberry Power Salad is all about then, shall we?
- fresh, wild salmon
- juicy blueberries
- sweet corn
- crunchy lettuce
- honey mustard dressing
IT’S THAT SIMPLE!
Your end of summer self deserves to throw together a quick meal, full of the freshest ingredients possible, so you can relax and soak up the last bits of sun before it’s all gone.
To make life even simpler, the salmon is baked (or hey, it’s summer, why not grill it?!) in a foil packet – so no dishes, no mess – easy peasy!
And if you’re like me and keep a jar of honey mustard dressing in the fridge, you’re set! You’ll just need to toss together the blueberries, corn, and lettuce with the dressing, toss salmon on top – ULTIMATE meal to power your brain! ??
The fresh summer flavors are bursting throughout the salad too – juicy, plump blueberries and fresh sweet corn are a surprisingly wonderful combination!
Their sweetness balances out the tart honey mustard dressing. The buttery sweet corn pairs perfectly with the buttery, rich salmon, too!
SO MUCH WINNING GOING ON!
Salmon Blueberry Power Salad
- 1/2 lb. salmon
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3-4 lemon slices
- 1/2 cup honey mustard dressing
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups green leaf lettuce chopped
- 2 cups arugula or spinach or a blend
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 ears of corn kerneled
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F. Cut two equal sized foil sheets and place on top of each other. Place the salmon filets in the center. Drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper, and place the lemon slices on top. Fold up foil to create a packet. Bake for 22-25 minutes until salmon is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, mix together honey mustard dressing according to the recipe here. Microwave corn kernels for 2-3 minutes to soften if cob hasn't been cooked. Toss together green leaf lettuce, arugula/spinach, blueberries, corn kernels, and dressing*.
- Serve salad and place salmon filets on top.
- Toss with dressing when ready to serve immediately.
- I use an arugula and spinach mix - feel free to sub your favorite greens!
- Makes enough for two large meal-sized salads, or 4 appetizer sized salads.
By the Way…
This recipe is part of our collection of green salad recipes. Check it out!