Are you ready for an incredibly easy, super quick, ultra-creamy-and-comforting, gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan-but-you’d-never-know-it soup?! Yes, all those things and more.
Curried Carrot Squash Soup kind of happened by accident (as some of the best things in life do!). I recently received my Vitamix (omg! still can’t believe it!) and I had some acorn squash and carrots I needed to use.
The rest is history, really.
Some of my favorite soup recipes involve roasted veggies. Have you tried my Butternut Squash and Sweet Potato Soup or Roasted Tomato Carrot Ginger Soup? I’m sensing a theme here. Because really, is there anything better than roasted veggies, especially during cold winter nights?
4 Ingredients + Spices
Yep – really. You need hardly anything to make Curried Carrot Squash Soup… aren’t we all about ease on those busy weeknights!? Check it out:
- acorn squash*
- curry powder
- vegetable stock
As I said, I use acorn squash because it’s what I’m hooked on this year. I especially love it because it doesn’t require peeling – and since I use my Vitamix to blend it up, the peel blends in ultra smoothly and you don’t have any idea you even left it on in the first place.
That being said, if you don’t have a or high-powered blender that will puree it; either remove the skin before blending or go ahead and use another squash of choice – butternut or a general yellow squash!
So much more to love…
As you can see, Curried Carrot Squash Soup is completely dairy free – yet ultra creamy – gluten-free, and 100% vegan all on its own. Its texture is spot on and after blending it results in a thick soup. Which to me is the perfect cold-weather dinner/lunch/side dish.
Obviously, if you prefer a thinner soup, just add more vegetable broth until your desired consistency is reached!
There you have it: easy, quick, delicious, and healthy! This dinner will be ready in no time and leave you coming back for more!
Curried Carrot Squash Soup
- 1 large acorn squash cut into 1-inch slices and then chunks
- 4 regular sized carrots peeled and cut into 1-inch rounds
- 4-6 garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger
- 2 1/4 - 2 1/2 vegetable stock
- Preheat oven to 425°F. On a large baking sheet, place acorn squash, carrots, and garlic. Toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Bake for 15-20 minutes until tender, flipping halfway through.
- In a blender, add roasted vegetables, spices, vegetable stock, and salt and pepper to taste. Blend on high for 4-5 minutes (crack the top opening to release the steam) until smooth. Add additional vegetable stock as needed.
- Serve immediately (or keep warm on stove until ready to serve) with garnish as desired. I like to use cilantro and a baguette.