Be gone, weeknight dinner struggle! Seared Scallops on Warm Corn Salad is HERE!
Can you just SEE the fresh summer flavor?! Really, you guys. We are here to eat all the fresh summer veggies, and fruits, and drink all the summer drinks. Especially if summer lasts for like…2 seconds as it seems to here in Minnesota. Enjoy. Every. Second.
So when dinner time rolls around after a long day, I can only think about one thing: sitting on the patio, eating dinner, watching the sunset. There’s not much brain-juice left to have an elaborate dinner, and my body just craves fresh summer produce (including in the form of ice cream, cheesecake, and pie…).
Since I can only imagine you’re similar, let’s get straight to this Seared Scallop and Warm Corn Salad game – because it’s game changing!
Not much makes me happier than a perfectly seared scallop with a golden brown crust, glistening with butter, and a melt-in-your-mouth interior. For realz. Even better is that they take only minutes to cook up. Bada-bing, bada-boom!
What about the corn salad, you ask? Well, it’s just as stinkin’ easy, as a summer dinner recipe, should be! We throw these ingredients in a skillet, let them warm up a bit, and then serve! All it takes is…
…red bell pepper
…fresh sweet corn
SERIOUSLY. That’s it! Five ingredients and we’re on our way to flavor town, as we should be.
Once summer leaves us (please, no, don’t let it happen!) you could absolutely use frozen or canned corn in here. But while available, I’d highly recommend never skipping out on fresh sweet corn.
Let’s not think about that happening though. For now, let’s get out there, enjoy some seared scallops, warm corn salad, and the summer sunshine.
An incredibly easy summer dinner; melt-in-your-mouth scallops, and a five ingredient warm corn salad made with fresh summer produce!
- 1 Tablespoon oil of choice
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 4 scallions, white and light green parts chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 corn on the cob ears, kerneled
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 6 large scallops
- Salt and pepper
- Cilantro, for garnish
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add red bell pepper, scallions, jalapeno, and garlic. Add a generous pinch of salt and cook for 3-4 minutes until slightly tender. Add corn and cook for an additional 2 minutes until warmed through, taste testing for salt level.
- Meanwhile, pat scallops dry and salt and pepper both sides. Heat butter in a skillet (stainless steel will work best). Once melted and hot, add scallops, with one flat side down, and cook for approximately 2 minutes. Don’t move scallops around as they start cooking – let them develop the golden brown crust. Flip and cook again on the other flat side – you want a golden crust and translucent center. Be careful not to overcook.
- Assemble corn salad on a plate and add scallops on top. Garnish with freshly chopped cilantro.
Dairy-free: swap out the butter with oil (olive or coconut).
- Category: Dinner
Keywords: summer, gluten free, easy, seafood, healthy, quick