There’s no shortage of meatless pasta recipes around here. Pasta is the dish that keeps on giving – the carbs, the cheese, the comfort. Not to mention the versatility in sauce, vegetables, and more. You truly cannot go wrong.
And whether you’re planning a romantic dinner for two or feeding a family a hearty and healthy meal on a busy weeknight, you’ll find something for everyone to love in this collection of our favorite vegetarian pasta recipes.
There are creamy options, Italian-inspired recipes, vegetable-loaded pasta ideas, and ones that are perfectly seasonal whether it’s spring or fall!
The only true question is which one of these mouthwatering, easy dinner ideas are you trying first?!
Our Favorite Quick and Easy Pasta Recipes
Orecchiette Pasta with Broccolini
Easy Spring Vegetable Fusilli
Creamy Red Wine Spaghetti
One-Pot Parmesan Orzo with Broccoli
One Pot Creamy Tomato Spinach Gnocchi
Creamy Romesco Sauce Pasta with Burrata
Fettuccine Alfredo for Two
5 Ingredient Blistered Tomato Pasta
One-Pot Creamy Vegan Pumpkin Pasta
Roasted Broccoli & Sweet Potato Orzo Pasta
Easy Roasted Cherry Tomato Sauce
Looking for even more vegetable-based pasta ideas? Check out our entire collection of pasta recipes.
If you’re new to enjoying vegetarian recipes or incorporating more meatless meals into your life, you might have a few questions.
Can Vegetarians Eat Pasta? Yes! Pasta is one of the best (and easiest) meals to make meatless! Pasta is incredibly versatile and there are so many ways to make it without meat. The pasta itself is usually only made with flour and water (keeping it vegan, actually). Sometimes egg, too.
What Veggies Can I add to Pasta? Another reason why pasta is an excellent meal for vegetarians – you can load in the veggies! It depends on what kind of vibe you’re craving, but there’s no shortage to veggies you can add. As seen above, I love adding broccoli, peas, and tomatoes are a given. But mushrooms, corn, spinach or kale, olives, and many more are delicious!
What Can I Put on Pasta When I have no Sauce? Ah, my friend, no jarred sauce? No problem! In fact, I say you’re in luck. It’s so easy to make a flavorful and delicious pasta sauce from scratch. My favorite if I’m out of ingredients is to make a simple butter sauce or toss it with pesto.
More Vegetarian Meal Ideas
- Expand your meatless meals with these vegetarian dinner recipes.
- Do you love snacky dinners too? Try these meatless appetizers!
- Vegetarian soups that are hearty, satisfying, and comforting.
- Don’t forget the brunch recipes for a relaxing weekend at home.
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a star rating and review in the form below. I appreciate your feedback, and it helps others, too!
Get the Recipe 30-Minute Vegetarian Pasta Recipe Dinner Ideas: Vegetable Fusilli
- In a large pot, bring salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8-9 minutes. With 5-6 minutes of cooking time left (7 for large asparagus spears), add asparagus pieces to the boiling pasta. With 1-2 minutes remaining, add peas. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water.12 ounces fusilli pasta, 1 bunch fresh asparagus, 1 cup frozen peas
- Drain the pasta and veggies, but do not rinse. Add butter to the pot (the same one the pasta was cooked in) over medium heat. Once the butter is melted, add the shallot, red pepper flakes, and a pinch of salt; cook for 3 minutes.5 Tablespoons unsalted butter, 1 medium-large shallot
- Add sliced garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes, then add 1/4 cup pasta water, stirring together to combine. Stir pasta and veggies back in; add more pasta water as needed for desired "sauciness". Salt and pepper to taste. Top pasta with a generous sprinkle of fresh parmesan and a squeeze of lemon.4 garlic cloves, Dash red pepper flakes, Fresh Parmesan*, 1 lemon
- Parmesan: use vegetarian parmesan cheese.