It’s DDAAATTTEEEE NIIIGGHHHTTT! Yes, date night! You remember what those are, right? Nowadays date night means a whole lot of figuring out something creative to do at home.
And I get it – you’re already doing so much cooking (because what else is there to do?!) and maayyyybe it’s not the first thing on your mind when the ‘date night at home’ brainstorm starts.
But I GOT YOU!
I’m here with my top date night recipes that are easy to make, impressive, and are guaranteed to make your date night at home feel extra special, fun, and delicious!
Some are vegetarian, others pescatarian and all are satisfying, fun, and interactive to make.
Date Night Recipes: Fettuccine Alfredo for Two
- 8 oz. fettuccine noodles, high quality recommended
- 5 Tablespoon unsalted butter, divided
- 6-8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup half-and-half, room temperature*
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt, more or less to taste
- 1/4-1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup reserved pasta water, more depending on the sauce
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- Fill a large stockpot with water and a generous pinch of salt. Bring to a boil and add fettuccine noodles, cooking a few minutes under package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt 3 tablespoons of the butter on low heat. Add the minced garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes until fragrant, stirring frequently so it doesn’t burn. Keep the heat low!
- Increase the heat to medium and whisk in the half-and-half; add half of the salt and pepper. Simmer for 1-2 minutes, then add 1/2 cup of the pasta water. Simmer for an additional 2-3 minutes until slightly reduced.
- Add the grated parmesan cheese and the remaining butter, whisking until smooth and combined. Test the sauce for salt levels, adding more as needed.
- Add the pasta into the sauce and toss to combine. Let the pasta simmer for 1-2 minutes until al dente. If the sauce is too thick (which may be the case especially if you used heavy cream), add additional pasta water 1-2 tablespoons at a time to loosen, stirring between each addition.
- Serve immediately. Garnish with freshly chopped parsley as desired.
Disclaimer: The nutritional information provided for this recipe is only an estimate. The accuracy of the facts listed is not and cannot be guaranteed.