Crispy Garlic Roasted Fingerling Potatoes are making Monday magical!
Thank you Potatoes USA for sponsoring this post. Make a delicious and convenient meal for your family tonight with potatoes!
Anybody else search for quick, healthy dinners to get you through the week? ?? After a long day of teaching,
some most days I just don’t have it in me to make anything that takes longer than 30 minutes (yes, even though I have a food blog and LOVE cooking).
Potatoes are one of my favorite side dishes because of their versatility (I mean, see here, and here, and here, and here…just to name a few). The unlimited possibilities you guys! I could eat potatoes every night, especially when garlic and butter are involved.
Most times, if I’m being honest, recipes like this one usually end up being all I eat for dinner. Forget those “main” dishes, potatoes is where it’s at. This is also coming from a single girl who doesn’t make dinner for anyone but me, myself, and I. So if you can’t just make a typically side-dish of potatoes for dinner, I get it. But regardless, potatoes are so convenient, that for me it’s almost impossible to go a few days without them. Whether you’re cooking for one or ten, convenience is key.
Side or main, cooking for one or many – these Crispy Garlic Roasted Fingerling Potatoes need to be on your quick go-to dinner menu. BONUS: they only require THREE INGREDIENTS – plus salt, but whose kitchen doesn’t already have salt lying around?!
These beauties do require a two-step cooking process, but I promise it’s worth it! First, you need to boil the fingerling potatoes so they’re fully cooked through. That way, when they go under the hot broiler to roast, their skins are ready to crisp up perfectly.
The garlic butter pairs perfectly with the buttery, nuttiness of fingerling potatoes – and let’s be honest – what isn’t better with garlic butter?! Drizzled on before roasting, the garlic butter soaks into the smashed potatoes and helps the potato skins crisp up as they broil. Leaving bits of garlic, flakes of salt, and all the yumminess you’re looking for in a potato dish.
I love fingerling potatoes – in addition to their buttery, nutty flavor – because of their cute little size and the super fun colors they come in!
If you are making Crispy Garlic Roasted Fingerling Potatoes as a side, they’re going to pair wonderfully with your protein of choice, or a lovely side salad.
If you’re looking for more potato inspiration, head over to visit Potatoes USA or go follow Potato Goodness’ Facebook to get the latest potato updates. Then report back, what’s your favorite way to enjoy the ever versatile potato?
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.Print
An easy side dish ready in under 30 minutes – with crispy potato skins and a soft, melt-in-your-mouth interior, the combination of garlic butter and Fingerling potatoes is a winner!
- 24 oz. fingerling potatoes
- 2 teaspoons coarse sea salt, additional for topping
- 5 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- Thyme sprigs, for serving (optional)
- Preheat the broil setting of your oven to 475°F. Scrub fingerling potatoes clean and place in a large stock pot covered with water and 2 teaspoons coarse seal salt. Bring to a boil and cook for 10-15 minutes until tender when pierced with a fork. Drain and cool slightly.
- While potatoes are boiling, melt butter and garlic in the microwave in 15 second intervals.
- Place slightly cooled potatoes on a large baking sheet. Using a flat bottomed glass or small sauce pan, gently smash the potatoes down. Brush garlic butter mix evenly on top of potatoes, being sure to get garlic bits on each potato. Sprinkle sea salt on top of potatoes.
- Broil potatoes for 10-12 minutes until golden and crispy. Remove and serve immediately, with thyme as desired.
If you end up with larger fingerling potatoes, you may need to boil a few minutes longer until they’re cooked through.
- Category: Side
- Method: Boiled and Roasted
- Cuisine: American